new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #731  
But then you'd have a big, full size truck? No way I'd want a full size on the little roads I drive on around here.
F150 is only 6.6" wider. Definitely longer. MPG isn't that far off the Ranger.

/ new ranger review? #732  
I've found every increase in size to be a disadvantage getting into tight parking spaces, on narrow roads, etc. In fact that's one reason why I drive my Corolla so often I can easily fit it into any parking space, many that my Ridgeline would not..... or if so I could barely squeeze out the door.
This is the road I have to drive on to reach my driveway, most places two vehicles can't pass, one has to back up to a place that's wide enough, which there are some. But very few that are wide enough for two full size pick ups so one has to back up to the nearest driveway to let the other pass.

Last edited:
   / new ranger review?
But then you'd have a big, full size truck? No way I'd want a full size on the little roads I drive on around here.
Or drive around town. Our ranger is close to the same size the 150 was in the 80's.

/ new ranger review? #734  
My wife won't drive the Ranger because she is concerned about being able to park it. She drives our old Honda Accord if she goes shopping. She won't drive the Mustang either as she reckons she can't see behind her well enough. She just prefers the Honda and it does go well.

/ new ranger review? #735  
That's the thing, given where we drive even today's "mid-size" trucks are cumbersome vehicles for every day driving for some of us.

/ new ranger review? #736  
I went from a F150 to a Ranger and that 6.6" means a lot to me parking in the garage next to my wife's car. Then there is the Maverick which is 13.2" narrower than the Ranger but the inside seems cramped.

/ new ranger review?
I agree, I agree, I agree. The sightly smaller ranger is easier to drive, easier on fuel, easier to get in/out of the box yet still rated at 6700lbs towing capacity*. While still comfortable to operate. We test drove a f-150 and didn't get it.

* like to stay well below that number.

/ new ranger review? #738  
I went from a F150 to a Ranger and that 6.6" means a lot to me parking in the garage next to my wife's car. Then there is the Maverick which is 13.2" narrower than the Ranger but the inside seems cramped.
The Maverick must be built for the tiny parking stalls that seem to be the new normal.

/ new ranger review? #739  
The new ranger and the colorado/canyons seem nearly the same size as the old "jelly-bean" F150s. They were a really great size, I had 2.

/ new ranger review?
Our ranger out working, camping and towing today.
P1130319.jpg
P1130311.jpg