New Southern land leveler - who makes them and where are they made? - Opinions please. Same for Catawba Attachments

/ New Southern land leveler - who makes them and where are they made? - Opinions please. Same for Catawba Attachments #1  

jgoodma1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060
I need to buy a 6' land leveler to maintain my 800' driveway. I'm currently using an old, partially functioning, pretty beat-up Gannon rollover box blade. I can't spend what it costs or wait out the lead time for an EA land plane, and I want something heavier duty than a J-Bar-type land leveler. I've seen some ads for a land leveler made by New Southern, which looks pretty nice and pretty heavy duty in the photos but I can't find a website for them or any information on them or any reviews at all, other than the couple of ads that I've seen. Does anyone know anything about this company and their land planes?

Also, I like the land planes made by Eddie's Welding (Catawba Attachments), but the blades are not adjustable for height. How important is that adjustable height feature? It seems to me that if you bent a blade support on an attachment with adjustable blade assemblies, you could just replace that part if it was bent or damaged, but that would not be the case with the Catawba land plane. Opinions on that too, please.

/ New Southern land leveler - who makes them and where are they made? - Opinions please. Same for Catawba Attachments #3  
Get a Dirt Dog it’s all replaceable

/ New Southern land leveler - who makes them and where are they made? - Opinions please. Same for Catawba Attachments

Attachments

• NEW SOUTHERN LAND LEVELER 2.png
    NEW SOUTHERN LAND LEVELER 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • NEW SOUTHERN LAND LEVELER.png
    NEW SOUTHERN LAND LEVELER.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
   / New Southern land leveler - who makes them and where are they made? - Opinions please. Same for Catawba Attachments
Get a Dirt Dog it’s all replaceable
Thanks for the tip on Dirt Dog. I just went to their website and downloaded the brochures, and their stuff looks like exactly the type of equipment I'm looking for.....a bit heavier duty than the typical stuff but not over-the-top heavy duty that a homeowner wouldn't need