New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post

/ New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
This has been bugging me for a while.....

I'll see a thread in the list that's several pages long that I've never read. Click on it and it jumps to the last page, last post, so now I've got to back track to the first page and first post to start reading from the beginning. I looked quickly in "My Profile" and "My Home" to see if there's a setting for this, but nothing obvious. Perhaps the way my browser handles this? Shouldn't it take me to the top of a thread I've never read or is this just the way the forum works?

/ New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post #2  
It defaults to taking you to the latest new post since the last time you visited the thread (which I like). If you've never visited before, you will have to go back to page 1 manually.

/ New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post
It defaults to taking you to the latest new post since the last time you visited the thread (which I like).
^^This I wouldn't mind if I had already started reading a thread. :)

If you've never visited before, you will have to go back to page 1 manually.
^^This is what bugs me. :(

/ New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post #4  
Same here, never read any of the post but it jumps to page 2 most of the time so I then have to revert to first page to get the whole story. I look at Todays Post every day unless I am travelling and have no computer access so I don't know why it jumps to page 2 all the time.

/ New Thread, Never Read, Jumps to Last Page, Last Post #5  
I am on Windows 8.1, Chrome browser, TBN old design.

When I click on a thread that I haven't read, it goes to the first post.

If it is someone responding to an old thread, it goes to the new post.

Normal operation, goes to the first unread post in a thread.

If you are on the TBN new design, you have to click on the icon (note the red arrow below) in front of the title of the thread, to get to the first unread post.

If you click on the title it goes to the first post.

b2.JPG