Tires New Titan tires

/ New Titan tires #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Have been searching for replacement Titan tires for the worn fronts on my 4300. Just rec'd a pair purchased online at under $180 incl. shipping (edit: per tire) by UPS in 3 days.

I think the 15 winters plowing snow wore the tread off and caused winding up the MFWD because the circumference was smaller. The rears show very little wear.

Found the Titan's (25 8.50-14 6 ply trac-loader) through SimpleTire.

Last edited:
   / New Titan tires #2  
Have been searching for replacement Titan tires for the worn fronts on my 4300. Just rec'd a pair purchased online at under $180 incl. shipping by UPS in 3 days.

I think the 15 winters plowing snow wore the tread off and caused winding up the MFWD because the circumference was smaller. The rears show very little wear.

Is that $90/tire including the shipping..? Or, $180/tire? Ninety seems like it'd be a real, "smokin" deal!!

AKfish

/ New Titan tires
Sorry, as that wasn't clear. It was per tire. Deere was over $200 and shipping on top of that. I'll edit that, thanks for catching it.
Yup, $90 would have made me real suspicious to what I would be getting. ;)

/ New Titan tires #4  
Sorry, as that wasn't clear. It was per tire. Deere was over $200 and shipping on top of that. I'll edit that, thanks for catching it.
Yup, $90 would have made me real suspicious to what I would be getting. ;)

Well... you still done good! Shipping is a real kick in the butt! And folk's here on TBN have another tire option to check out! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ New Titan tires #5  
Tiretownlv1, a seller on Ebay has 25x8.5x14 Trac-Loader blems listed for $105 free shipping. Last week I purchased 33x14.5x15s Titan blems for $135 ea. shipped, couldnt be happier with them. Just got a thankyou card from Tire Town Kansas today.
I would guess they stand behind what they sell.

/ New Titan tires #6  
Have been searching for replacement Titan tires for the worn fronts on my 4300. Just rec'd a pair purchased online at under $180 incl. shipping (edit: per tire) by UPS in 3 days.

THANKS much for that info....my Deere 4210 has Titan fronts that lose air all the time, probably because of the weak sidewalls, I think mine are 14 inch, will have to check out that site.

/ New Titan tires
Weak side walls??? Haven't heard of that as a problem, and my front tires have maybe had to be aired up not more than once a year (and if I remember right, not that often) for the last 14 years. Prolly some stickers from buckthorn or honey locust, or similar thorns.

I looked on eBay several times, but missed seeing them there.

/ New Titan tires #8  
Weak side walls??? Haven't heard of that as a problem, and my front tires have maybe had to be aired up not more than once a year (and if I remember right, not that often) for the last 14 years. Prolly some stickers from buckthorn or honey locust, or similar thorns.

I looked on eBay several times, but missed seeing them there.

My Deere has the R3 Turfs and the size is only 24X8.5-14, the larger 4310 and 4410 use 27X8.5-15's...that is a BIG difference. The smaller size on mine is required because of the 3 inch shorter wheelbase, which would cause the larger 15 inch tire sizes to hit the MMM gauge wheels when turning. The sidewalls on my tires are VERY short, and despite keeping them at 24 psi even without the loader installed, they don't seem very sturdy. The inner sidewalls bulge so much even with 24 psi they practically hit the tie rod ends.

/ New Titan tires
Gotcha. Thought you were referring to weak sidewalls in the Titan 6 ply.