New to me YM2000

/ New to me YM2000 #1  

wilsontc

Tractor
1985 YM2000
First time yanmar owner. I have been looking at them for a while and just decided it was time for a smaller tractor that was easier on hauling, etc.

I have already taken care of some simple fixes that were rigged before i got it - broken brake rod, new fuse panel, rewiring of headlights and horn.

I am now trying to see how to fix this issue. The large line (assuming it is hydraulic or trans) that run from the case below the seat on the right side and goes up to the engine block as been either cut and spliced or it blew. The owner used a piece of rubber hose that is not holding up that great. Am i better to patch this again with better quality hose or try to find (if i can) a replacement line?

I am sure you need pics and i will get those when i get home today.

/ New to me YM2000 #2  
First time yanmar owner. I have been looking at them for a while and just decided it was time for a smaller tractor that was easier on hauling, etc.

I have already taken care of some simple fixes that were rigged before i got it - broken brake rod, new fuse panel, rewiring of headlights and horn.

I am now trying to see how to fix this issue. The large line (assuming it is hydraulic or trans) that run from the case below the seat on the right side and goes up to the engine block as been either cut and spliced or it blew. The owner used a piece of rubber hose that is not holding up that great. Am i better to patch this again with better quality hose or try to find (if i can) a replacement line?

Welcome from another novice Yanmar owner.

Sounds like your Hyd pump suction line so if you have not already check out Hoye Tractor for parts and accessories. Another valuable source is Fredericks.

Last edited:
   / New to me YM2000 #3  

Go to the thread in this Yanmar section about the model covers. Find your model, scroll to the bottom of that post and get then MANUAL. ;)

/ New to me YM2000 #4  
If it helps I have a YM2002D. It has several sections of rubber hose in the suction line. One section is under the tractor in the area you describe. My assumption is this was a vibration damper to protect the metal line from damage.
There is what appears to be the same molded hose reversed connecting the metal line to the external filter base.
If the rubber hose seems to be failing, I would replace it with as high a quality hose as you can. Caution: if you remove this hose, it is low in the hydraulic flow and you should expect a rapid gush of hydraulic fluid as it is removed.
Consider draining the hydraulic fluid 1st. Also opposite the suction line on the case. Should be a bolt on cover to access the hydraulic screen located in the sump reservoir. Clean it as you have the hydraulic fluid drained.

/ New to me YM2000 #5  
If it helps I have a YM2002D. It has several sections of rubber hose in the suction line. One section is under the tractor in the area you describe. My assumption is this was a vibration damper to protect the metal line from damage.
There is what appears to be the same molded hose reversed connecting the metal line to the external filter base.
If the rubber hose seems to be failing, I would replace it with as high a quality hose as you can. Caution: if you remove this hose, it is low in the hydraulic flow and you should expect a rapid gush of hydraulic fluid as it is removed.
Consider draining the hydraulic fluid 1st. Also opposite the suction line on the case. Should be a bolt on cover to access the hydraulic screen located in the sump reservoir. Clean it as you have the hydraulic fluid drained.