New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #1  

woodskiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 BX25DLB-1
I think I'm going to keep the seat secured while towing. The constant vibration and bouncing is distracting to me while trailring. Do you think securing it will harm the seat micro switches that are installed in the seat mount? Thanks

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #2  
Constant bouncing up and down will wear out the seat switch faster than normal. Can you use a couple bungee cords around the back of the seat fastened to the 3 pt. arms to hold it down during transport.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #3  
No. I think it would be better to have it secured but frankly I haven't done it to my tractor seat.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #4  
I think I'm going to keep the seat secured while towing. The constant vibration and bouncing is distracting to me while trailring. Do you think securing it will harm the seat micro switches that are installed in the seat mount? Thanks
If I understand you right, I think you would be better off if you seat is secured so the seat switch isn't getting cycled.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring.
Okay, so you guys know what I'm taking about. While towing and underway I've watched the seat cycling and bouncing up and down from the road and trailer vibration. Drives me crazy watching it. I'm thinking of dropping the arm rests, and gently securing the seat with a bundgy cord. Shouldn't damage the switches under the seat, right?

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #6  
I have always used rachet straps for my 3 garden tractors. Binge straps usually are not strong enough to hold when going over rough roads or bumps.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #7  
Okay, so you guys know what I'm taking about. While towing and underway I've watched the seat cycling and bouncing up and down from the road and trailer vibration. Drives me crazy watching it. I'm thinking of dropping the arm rests, and gently securing the seat with a bundgy cord. Shouldn't damage the switches under the seat, right?
Nope... good idea!

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #8  
Put the seat belt over the seat.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #9  
You've got me curious now, I've never noticed mine. Maybe I am oblivious, maybe it's my tandem torsion axle, or maybe my roads are smoother. What ever it is, I'll be watching next time I trailer it.

/ New to trailring BX25D --Not liking the seat bouncing while trailring. #10  
I bet if you have your trailer tires balanced most if not all this will go away.

Chris