New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance
The yellow cap shown in your first picture should be a dip stick for transmission and hydraulic. What does your fluid look like? Any idea about the condition of the suction strainer? YANMAR YM195 YM240 PARTS MANUAL 000Y00T2381
Thanks loads for the advice and manual! Super helpful! Will check that probably tomorrow as it's raining all day.

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #12  
Thanks loads for the advice and manual! Super helpful! Will check that probably tomorrow as it's raining all day.
The YM195 p/n for the rear fenders could be common enough with other US Yanmars and the Gray Market Yanmars. I would recommend finding the p/n's for those rear fenders and doing a cross check on the other models. This way, reaching out to places like All State (ASAP) and other Japan salvage yards here in the USA, you can score a set.

In the other recent thread, the hydraulic fluid is J20C, either John Deere Hy-Gard or Yanmar TF500A. Or any brand that states 'meets' J20C specification. Never 'compatible' with.

In the first few pages of the manuals are the wiring schematics. IF you need help with that, we've touched on those a zillion times here in the forum.

Oh, oh, oh, I bet the seat rides hard. In the image the seat jounce bumpers are missing. It makes for a really hard ride.

They look sort of like this. They are held down by those threads and large nuts under the seat. See the parts manual. ;)
1653319158373.png

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance
Thanks a bunch! Yes the seat bumpers are missing so we'll order some and check into some fenders too. Much appreciated!!

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #14  
Thanks a bunch! Yes the seat bumpers are missing so we'll order some and check into some fenders too. Much appreciated!!
You could order some or pick them up at ACE hardware or in the hardware section of Home Depot. Hillman brand makes several of our sizes.

McMaster has them too. Make sure they are Metric, Neoprene and Shore-70 hardness.

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #15  
PVC. Freese plugs. been on 14Yrs.. Soften the ride no doubt and Cheap!!! Head and neck injury's.

Attachments

• 002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 174

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #16  
For a tractor that rough I wouldn't worry about the electrics. There's really not much there. A charging circuit and the starter. A diesel doesn't run on electricity after the starter gets it going.

yam240elec-gif.59885

/ New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #17  
   / New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #18  
Keep an eye on your local Craigslist and Marketplace, parts tractors pop up regularly and fenders can be an easy swap.

Last edited:
   / New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #19  
   / New to Yanmar tractors and need some assistance #20  
I've been in Ga. since the Mid 70's. and the Yanmar debacle has been interesting. Now Spalding Spalding Tractor and Equipment is the only one selling Refurbished Yanmar tractors here I'm pretty sure. Yanmar itself is in Adairsville Ga. and a Dealer sells "New" Yanmars in Athens. Fredricks has really helped with the Grey market and here is a good read on UTDA. https://fredricksevents.com/history. 2 Yanmars from Spalding over the Yrs. and Fredricks in Al. for parts and a Tiller.