New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today!

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #1  

Charlesaf3

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB
Just got the call from the delivery truck. My new QA crane, modified rock rake (2.5 spacing on tines) and stump bucket will be here in half an hour! I'm so excited :)

Why is getting tractor attachments so exciting? It's like christmas used to be when I was a kid.

Great thing is I've reached a critical toy mass where gf doesn't even realize there is new stuff lying around - it blends :p

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #2  
Just got the call from the delivery truck. My new QA crane, modified rock rake (2.5 spacing on tines) and stump bucket will be here in half an hour! I'm so excited :)

Why is getting tractor attachments so exciting? It's like christmas used to be when I was a kid.

Great thing is I've reached a critical toy mass where gf doesn't even realize there is new stuff lying around - it blends :p

Congratulations! Pictures WILL follow correct?

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today!
just forked them off the truck, and am anxious to start using them. Of course, now that I have a crane I'm all done with stuff that needs craning for a while... typical for me. But I'm looking forward to the next time I have to re-shingle, watching the shingles float up.

The other stuff I'm going to put to use today. I'll get some pics.

Oh, by the way, on first visual inspection I am very impressed with the quality of the markham stuff.

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #5  
Charles,
Your collection of stuff is growing by leaps and bounds!
When are the dump truck and dozer coming? It's bound to happen.:)

I'm fighting it, I'm fighting it!

Plus, gf would be bound to notice those....

But I saw a light dozer for sale at the side of the road, and wow was I tempted to pull over. Luckily, I guess, the last strands of sanity kept me going.

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #7  
I'm fighting it, I'm fighting it!

Plus, gf would be bound to notice those....

But I saw a light dozer for sale at the side of the road, and wow was I tempted to pull over. Luckily, I guess, the last strands of sanity kept me going.

Paint the dozer orange and park it next to the other orange vehicles. Bamboozle her with gifts or flowers to distract her until she thinks you've always had three orange thingies parked out there.

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #8  
How does the prayer go?

"Lord, please don't let my wife sell the stuff for the amount I told her I paid for it."

Amen :eek:

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #9  
Use the socket wrench analogy with your gf.

A tractor is like a socket wrench, the implements are the sockets, neither one is very useful without the other. When you get a socket wrench and the right sized socket you can really work. Some things like spark plugs have their own special sockets that make the job so much easier. Of corse you need extensions for those hard to get to nuts.

I do not remember who on here posted it, but I did borrow the analogy from someone on here and use it on my wife.
Her first reaction to my "I think I want a fill in the blank___ for the tractor" is: Why???
Then I go into the socket wrench explanation.
I could play dirty and ask why she "Needs" X# saddles, more bits than I have for my drills, and enough spare tack to outfit a small mounted cav. unit, but that would not be nice.

More toys rules! OOPS, I mean:
Tools are very helpful in maintaining the pastures for the darling horses, dear...

Mark

/ New Toys (I mean tools) From Markham Delivered Today! #10  
Don't forget the 72 hour garage rule. After 72 hours in the garage, you can reply with "that old thing?" when she asks if it's new.

jb