New Tractor Fuel additive

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #21  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
It is a known fact that ULSD has less lubricity then the older diesel did, sulfur is a lubricant. Maybe these newer diesels don't need any additional lubrication, but for the cost of an injector pump I will continue to add something to my fuel, it could be a commercial product, or 2 stroke oil, or ATF. And my winter fuel tank definitely gets anti-gell as well.

Agree with Lou. Newer tractors are designed to run on ULSD but with temps that go below 0 deg F quite often I always add anti gel to my tanks.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #22  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
I'm on my third new Kubota as of a week ago.......am and was a newbie to diesels as well as the advent of lead free gasoline for that matter.

I just re-read the OE manual for my new B2650 as to fuel statement by Kubota. My conclusion ............is that I'd have to be a petrol engineer as well as a Kubota Lawyer to really understand what it all means to me on a day to day basis, winter and summer .... this "marketeer" or that "marketeer". Day to day functionality and warranty considerations are beyond me as defined by Kubota....and other tractor manufacturers I assume.

Thus for the OP with the original red dye from the dealer, I'd run it out and try to purchase diesel fuel from a busy diesel station....then add some white bottle PS to each purchase, be it 5 gallons or 100 gallon....(each person has variable turn over of fuel). After 3 new machines and 10 years of service that has worked for me.

Cheers,
Mike

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #23  

marchanna

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4110, Kubota GR2120
Doubt the fuel pump parts ever actually rub against each other.

Ralph

I just wanted to provide some information here, just so it's clear that there are indeed components within the fuel pump that rub against each other.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 12.12.01 PM.png

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #24  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
On a related note, how many ounces of white bottle power service do you add to a 5 gallon can of diesel?

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #27  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
On a related note, how many ounces of white bottle power service do you add to a 5 gallon can of diesel?

I've been adding 2 oz per 5 gallon container....winter and summer....works for me. The white bottle say 32 oz per 100 gallons.....that would be 2 oz per 6.25 gallons..if I could figure correctly. PS says to double that if the temp is below 0 deg F.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #29  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
The first batches of ULSD did lack enough lube however the refineries added more and the rest is history.