New tractor how long of a wait?

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #1  

07 LMM LTZ

Silver Member
Tractor
L 3940 HSTC
Had a friend order a L4740 and its been 6 weeks so far and the dealer is still not sure when he is going to get it. Whats the longest that someone has had to wait to get there tractor? It only took me about 3 weeks from the same dealer.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #2  
Heard some folks could wait up to couple months depending on model..seems common models not much wait time.

I waited 5 days..dealer had 3 in stock and ready to go.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #3  
It was going to take six to eight weeks to get a tractor with everything I wanted, so I took one off the lot that was close; couldn't wait that long.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #4  
I ordered a JD 4720 w/cab in 2007 and it took about 2 months for it to come in.

/ New tractor how long of a wait?
I find it hard to believe that in this economy that there is that much demand for these tractors. There were only 2 sitting around and they were all the way out on the west coast in Wash. state.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #6  
I was lucky. Just bought a M7040 and all they had to do was mount the loader and the canopy. Bought on Wednesday, delivered Friday morning.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #7  
They are around. There is no reason you should be waiting that long. I can count a dozen that we'd do a dealer transfer on and have it for you in a few days. We've got a store just up RT 30 in Abbottstown.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #8  
Another variable is how much "customization" your tractor needs based on the number and type of attachments ordered vs. an "off the lot" unit.
Any subframes/mounting kits/hydraulics/remotes/etc. have to be ordered and require additional setup time in the dealer's shop. A delay in receiving any of those components from the supplier(s) can hold up the whole order.

/ New tractor how long of a wait?
I quess I should have said that it is a 4740 with a cab and loader but he is still getting the run around.

/ New tractor how long of a wait? #10  
I called dealer at noon on Tuesday on picked it up at 8:00 next morning. No cab on mine though. I did have to wait a couple three weeks for my R3 tires and front blade. He put used tires on it so I could bush hog the day I got it. Dealer trade an option? Here is tractor day I got it, drove 4 miles from dealer to farm, ran this bush hog about 12 hours in two days. Tractor had little less than 1 hour on it when I picked it up. No time to break in for me. Philip.

Attachments

• BUSHHOG2.jpg
    BUSHHOG2.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 214