New trailer carport

/ New trailer carport #1  

WM75Guy

Elite Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 75, NH TC40DA
The wife wanted her horse trailer out of the weather, with springtime storms already upon us. So far no large hail. As long as we were going to build I made room for the other trailers. It is 30'X40'X12' with 6' of metal down the sides. The posts are 8" I-beam with 12" I-beam rafters.

Same contractor built mine as built my neighbor's new shop in the background. He went to price metal last month on a Tuesday to to give me a quote. Supplier said if we didn't order quick, on Friday the price of metal was going up 11%. Needless to say we ordered on Thursday. Materials were right at $10,000.

Now I just need to move the trailers.

20210405_075805.jpg

/ New trailer carport #3  
Nice. If I had that, the first thing I would do is figure out how to extend the sides down to the ground and put doors on it. Of course, things are a little different here in Michigan compared to Texas.

/ New trailer carport
Thanks. This one is just to keep the sun, rain, and hail off the trailers. The enclosed one next to it is the same size with 10'X10' rollup doors and 12' overhangs on both sides.

This is when we were building in 2009.
100_0664.JPG

/ New trailer carport #6  
Nice shed. Gosh materials have gotten high. I built this two years ago and it is roughly the same size but not as tall and I think materials were half that much.

7B3ADB7A-02F4-469E-A8E1-B801D4446BAC.jpeg

/ New trailer carport #7  
I need to find a way to build those overhangs you have in the second picture off the sides of 2 existing buildings, “economically”. Completely out of space and looking for more cheap shelter.

/ New trailer carport #8  
I need to find a way to build those overhangs you have in the second picture off the sides of 2 existing buildings, “economically”. Completely out of space and looking for more cheap shelter.
Good luck. I have built those off the ends of two of my shops and the cost / effort isn’t much different than a complete building. I guess if you just do the roof only it would be somewhat cheaper but I ended up building a back wall and a side wall as well. They sure are handy to park thinks under though.

/ New trailer carport #9  
NO !!!
You NEED to forget about the overhang sheds, and spend your time negotiating for your DREAM place!