Newbie from Middle Tennessee

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #1  

SgtSluggo

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4105, Ford 1700
Hey Y'all, I am a new tractor owner and wanted to say hi. I have been reading a lot of things this weekend so you all have already been so helpful. We are working on building a new home on a 30ac piece of property we acquired in the last year. The property has been let be wild for about 10 years so it needed a lot of work. It's also about a half woods, a third cleared land, and the rest is marsh and creek. We felt like all this land really warranted purchasing a tractor for bush hogging and other land work.

A family member helped us find a good deal since our budget wasn't high so we ended up with a Ford 1700 with about 800 hours, a 5ft bush hog, and a family member has a nearby 5ft finishing mower. My confession is that I grew up a city boy so I have no idea what I am doing. I got a basic lesson from the one who helped us find the tractor, but other than that I know almost nothing. So, I guess I am going to pre-apologize for all the dumb questions that I will probably ask.

Thanks!

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #2  
Hey neighbor! I’m a middle Tennesseean as well.

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #3  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #4  
Welcome to TBN! Lots of info here to get you going! Ask away!

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #7  
Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully, we can help with any questions that come up.

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #8  
No dumb questions, but some of us make dumb mistakes, often from not asking the right question.

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #9  
Welcome to TBN from another Tennessean. The dumb question will be the one you don’t ask

/ Newbie from Middle Tennessee #10  
Welcome from SC TN!