No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid.

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #1  

Lyons1

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D Grey Market
New problem. I just re filled the transmission with universal Hydraulic/Transmission fluid. Now none of my Hydraulics work. No loader, no 3 point. No pressure. Screen filter was nice and clean so nothing should be plugged. There is no paper filter. I have the stop valve open. There is a little lever next to it. I have no idea what the little lever does. see picture. Nothing in the manuals I have. Is there some way to bleed air out of the system? I let it run for awhile and tried to lift the bucket. Held it in position open for a bit. Nothing. Everything was working fine when I drained it. Am I missing something here? Should I crack a line somewhere to bleed out the air enough to get the lines refilled ?

Attachments

• IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
   / No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #2  
New problem. I just re filled the transmission with universal Hydraulic/Transmission fluid. Now none of my Hydraulics work. No loader, no 3 point. No pressure. Screen filter was nice and clean so nothing should be plugged. There is no paper filter. I have the stop valve open. There is a little lever next to it. I have no idea what the little lever does. see picture. Nothing in the manuals I have. Is there some way to bleed air out of the system? I let it run for awhile and tried to lift the bucket. Held it in position open for a bit. Nothing. Everything was working fine when I drained it. Am I missing something here? Should I crack a line somewhere to bleed out the air enough to get the lines refilled ?

Ah, you have a Yanmar. This is best asked in the Yanmar section because it's a Japan gray market machine and not too many people have a clue to answer this in this section.

And should you go there, look at the recent posting of, NEW TO ME YM2500. We have touched on this topic in the past few days. ;)

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid.
Just cracked the inlet hoses to the loader. wrapped a rag around them and fired it. Once it dripped, tightened them up. Everything is working fine. Still
don't know what that little lever in the picture does. does?

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #4  
Just cracked the inlet hoses to the loader. wrapped a rag around them and fired it. Once it dripped, tightened them up. Everything is working fine. Still
don't know what that little lever in the picture does. does?

About that lever, again it's in the posting in the other thread. PLUS, I have the manual for your YM2210D in PDF. EZ download too from the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Link in my sig below. And the manual is also over there in the Yanmar sub-forum in another thread too.

Then you know what the lever does. ;) It's important to the hydraulics and the 3PT setup.

Last edited:
   / No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #5  
My, we're pretty secretive about the purpose of the lever, aren't we?

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid.
About that lever, again it's in the posting in the other thread. PLUS, I have the manual for your YM2210D in PDF. EZ download too from the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Link in my sig below. And the manual is also over there in the Yanmar sub-forum in another thread too.

Then you know what the lever does. ;) It's important to the hydraulics and the 3PT setup.
I joined the group. Cannot find any YM2210 manuals to download. ?

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #7  
I believe the lever is the (drop speed control)for the 3 point hitch.
No mystery here....

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #8  
It sounded an awful like click bait.

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #9  
I joined the group. Cannot find any YM2210 manuals to download. ?

Once a member, you can go to the Left column and pick WIKI > RESOURCE PAGE > scroll to manual topic.

Then search the 50+ Yanmar manuals for:

YANMAR YM2210 PARTS MANUAL NPC-9013.pdf

This is not a click bait site. Not ads, no tracking, none of that. It's just a ListServ group that's been around for 35+ years supporting vintage Yanmar tractors of both US domestic and Gray Market machines.

Many of the Yanmar members here are members there too. Easy to store docs there vs. TBN. Over 2,700 members in the global community too.

/ No Hydraulics after changing Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. #10  
I believe the lever is the (drop speed control)for the 3 point hitch.
No mystery here....

Depending on the model, it could be the drop speed control or it's the 3PT positional lock. There are 2 levers like that usually under the seat. Since his model has it in an odd place, I referred him to DW'LD the manual for clarification. I can't possibly know ever in-n-out with these machines. Just too many models.