No more aluminum gutters?

/ No more aluminum gutters? #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
I was at Home Depot today to pick up some downspouts and elbows and they had two choices - plastic and galvanized steel. Really? Is aluminum that expensive these days? Those old steel gutters always rusted and looked like cr@p after a few years, so I went for plastic, but I'd prefer aluminum. Maybe Lowes still carries aluminum. :confused:

/ No more aluminum gutters? #2  
My Home Depot carries aluminum gutters. Maybe there was a run on them in Washington?

/ No more aluminum gutters? #3  
Perhaps there's too many Tweakers stealing the aluminum downspouts off of houses?

Aaron Z

/ No more aluminum gutters? #4  
Blame your neighbors. HD sells what sells in that store. I wanted a couple of hockey puck locks by Master with brackets. I looked up online HD and they had them in the rougher areas of Dallas, none in the more upscale suburbs. Son picked me up two of them in Dallas where they had like twenty of them while most of the other stores had none in stock and at least a week for in store pick up.

/ No more aluminum gutters? #5  
My house is 47 years old, with rust-free original steel gutters.

Bruce

/ No more aluminum gutters? #6  
I go to a local aluminum/vinyl supply place that sells the gutter coil to installers. They also have a machine to make the continuous aluminum type, and I get made up in custom lengths. Can haul around 30' pcs on top truck rack.

/ No more aluminum gutters?
My Home Depot carries aluminum gutters. Maybe there was a run on them in Washington?
The irony (no pun intended) is that Washington used to be the aluminum capital of the world.

/ No more aluminum gutters? #8  
Heck of a lot better places to buy gutters from than clown home centers. Some lumber yards,roofing supply or other speciality places carry all you want.Speciality yards are going to be a lot cheaper and have everything you need and people who know their product.:drink:

/ No more aluminum gutters? #9  
I go to a local aluminum/vinyl supply place that sells the gutter coil to installers. They also have a machine to make the continuous aluminum type, and I get made up in custom lengths. Can haul around 30' pcs on top truck rack.

A little off topic but I want to chime in with a continuous gutter story and darn it, I was not home to see it. The contractor that built a 120' long barn for me had a sub with a rig that he rolled and fastened a full length gutter with. The eaves were 12' on the back side and 10' on the front due to an overhang. Good thing I had sighted the barn with plenty of room around it.

/ No more aluminum gutters? #10  
I have two Lowe's close by. Both carry aluminum and plastic. Aluminum would be my choice as well.