No tornados here, thankfully

/ No tornados here, thankfully #11  
It was south of us, near St. Louis, a Amazon warehouse got badly damaged near Edwardsville Illinois. It was in the the lower 40‘s yesterday here than in a couple hours it warmed up to 61 by 10:00 pm then it dropped 30 degrees overnight.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #12  
We had crazy winds up here by Chicago, but no tornadoes like they had downstate as they made their way through KY.

I'm mostly fine, except for one tree out front which dropped a limb.

PXL_20211211_173007306.jpg

/ No tornados here, thankfully #13  
We in my country watch on TV what has happened in Kentucky and around. OMG, we're so sorry for that!

/ No tornados here, thankfully #14  
Here is a good drone video of the devastation. Gee whiz! I grew up in SD were basements were the norm for tornado protection. In the video, I seen none.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #15  
Here is a good drone video of the devastation. Gee whiz! I grew up in SD were basements were the norm for tornado protection. In the video, I seen none.

It's been discussed on TBN over the years as to why some folks don't want basements. High water table, dampness, bedrock all seem to be the top reasons. Some folks are adamant that they'd never have a basement. Personally, I'd never, ever own a home without one. At the very least, I'd want a hole in the ground to jump into.

Here's a link to lots of coverage on NBC.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #16  
More coverage and lots of photos and videos on AP.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #17  
Wow...the devastation is horrible. Such a wide spread area too.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #18  
Special thoughts and prayers for those in the path.

/ No tornados here, thankfully #20  
Omg, terrible!