NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple?

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #1  

joel804

Tractor
in the market
Hi All. Im thinking of pulling the trigger on either gc1723eb or 1725mb. I havent seen anything relating to the 3rd function on these units and i will be wanting a grapple attachment. I own a small landscape company and am wanting this machine to take some back work out. Thanks in advance.

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #2  
I have an aftermarket 3rd function which is an electronic selanoid driven hydraulic diverter valve on my GC1710TLB with a DL95. It works well. As for the grapple itself...lighter is better. Check out EA's wicked grapples, Precision manufacturing's mini322's or Artillian's modular grapple setup.

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #3  
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...question-7c362536-da2a-43b4-ac89-b0918f68c25e

I am editing this post. Was in a hurry this morning and didn’t have time to write anything. I have the factory 3rd function and I like it pretty well. With Massey the more you buy the more you save. Is was cheaper for me to have them put it on the tractor and it works pretty well. I did have to shorten the handle because it was kicking out of float too much. It is just a single button switch. Press and hold and you are using the diverter valve, let go and it’s back to normal.
I fabricated the forks from another pallet fork attachment I had and I made the riser so the grapple thumb was at a higher position/location.

Last edited:
   / NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple?
Great info. Thank you

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #5  
I have the same WR Long diverter that Cglaser has. Paired with the “thumb” grapple. Works well.

There is a factory diverter, I would be interested in that if I was buying a new machine.

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #6  
Hi All. Im thinking of pulling the trigger on either gc1723eb or 1725mb. I havent seen anything relating to the 3rd function on these units and i will be wanting a grapple attachment. I own a small landscape company and am wanting this machine to take some back work out. Thanks in advance.
I bought the factory 3rd function with the tractor last year and installed it myself. I have "the thumb" grapple

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #7  

OP if your going to buy new i would get with the 3rd function already added or have the dealer add it before pick up it'll much easier that way.

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #8  
I just added a summit true 3rd function to my Gc1705. I just didnt like the idea of the diverter, though I know they work well. Personally, I just like the idea of having totally seperate buttons on the joystick handle to control the grapple. If I get a new 1725MB ill be doing the same to it.

/ NOOB Here. Anyone have the 3rd function on 1723eb or 1725mb for a grapple? #9  
I bought the factory 3rd function with the tractor last year and installed it myself. I have "the thumb" grapple
Thinking about doing the same. Was the factory 3rd function kit hard to install yourself and was there any kind of Instructions with the kit.