Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #1  

kailor

Tractor
None
I think I posted this in the wrong place...anyway...

I'm new here and have been reading the forum now for several weeks trying to prepare myself to make a knowledgeable tractor purchase in the future. I've never owned or driven a tractor before, but I now have land (10 acres). Something I've not been able to discern across all brands is this...what features are essential in making sure that I'm comparing apples to apples across different brands? Without initially comparing dealers and parts availability, but machine to machine, I think they might be:

1. Weight
2. HP at PTO
3. ?

Being in north Alabama, I've access to most any brand. All inputs/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks for having me!

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #2  
What tasks do you want to accomplish with the tractor and implements?

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #3  
I replied in your other thread. I'd consider deleting this one

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #4  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #5  
Basic engine horsepower should also be considered. Above 25 horsepower additional electronics and hardware are required, namely a diesel particulate filter (DPF). I stayed just under 25 for my ten acres for just that reason.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #6  
More information about what you will be doing with the tractor would really help with suggestions, welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #7  
Can do bush hogging, wood chipping and snow moving with only 18.5 engine hp. If doing much dirt moving, you'll need more hp. However, first job with my 18.5 hp/1300# tractor (a 4010, like a 2019E if made today) was to scoop up and move 22 tons of gravel. Did fine.

Presently have a 24.5 hp 2025R because JD doesn't make one smaller now. Too much hp. Mostly run it 2000-2500 rpm vs. "PTO" speed of 3000. Just do not need its hp.

Work on the hill behind the house a lot. Just have to move slowly and try to move up/down hill and not across. That gravel I spread first was on the tractor path that goes across the hill.

Welcome to TBN.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #8  
Yep, more information. What do you want to do with your tractor? I would first consider your needs, that will determine features you need on a tractor. - Weight, Implements, HP, etc. Only then would I consider what brands. Welcome to TBN

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #9  
1626 will do all you need and more. I bought mine from the dealer in Florence AL February of 2020 and I live near Sevierville Tn.

690 hours so far.