Not really a full on project, but needed to be done.

/ Not really a full on project, but needed to be done. #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
I'm sure you all have that annoying little project that needs to be done, yet we all just keep putting it off. Well, I was just sitting here and thought OK it's time to get the Spring tooth fixed.

The problem was the one depth adjuster (wheel) was crooked from hitting something. Previous owner, it was crooked when I bought it. When I would pull it through the field that wheel would act like a disc and make a furrow. Very annoying to say the least. I have put up with it for 2 years now.

Here are some pictures of how crooked it was. I heated up the shaft and with a pipe wrench and long pipe (leverage) bent it back to where it belongs.

Last but not least the "Heavy duty" Taiwan made pipe wrench.

DSCN2959.JPG
DSCN2964.JPG
DSCN2968.JPG

/ Not really a full on project, but needed to be done. #2  
I broke a 24" pipe wrench just like yours. Had to remove a goose neck ball from the hitch in the middle of my pickup bed. Couldn't get it to budge using a 24 inch pipe wrench. So I got a 48" cheater pipe on the end of the pipe wrench, then with two people pulling on the cheater bar we snapped that wrench in a heartbeat.

Had to get the torch out to apply some heat and with the use of another pipe wrench and cheater bar finally got it out.

/ Not really a full on project, but needed to be done. #3  
Well, you got the job done and you needed a new & better pipe wrench anyway.

/ Not really a full on project, but needed to be done.
My dad gave me that set of pipe wrenches 30 years ago. Mostly because they would not grip a pipe. I have a 10"-14"-18". Now I don't have a 14". They were ok for getting nuts and square things loose but that's it. Nothing beats a good ol "Rigid" pipe wrench.
Here's some better shots of the wheel. I'm looking forward to using it now. I'm looking for a photo of how it left the dirt.

DSCN2960.JPG
DSCN2962.JPG
DSCN2965.JPG

/ Not really a full on project, but needed to be done. #5  
Amazing combo little heat Armstrong can save lots $$$'s take little time think it out. :thumbsup: