Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off...
No burn zone...

Brother is AG up against urban city limit... trees have infestation... told to burn onsite...

Did all the perscribed measures on protocol and precautions and notifications... still generated dozens of 911 calls to fire...

There was almost a p*ssing match between jurisdictions.... city unhappy, county said compliant and State said burn is prescribed method...

The neighboring 2 million dollar homeowners NOT happy...

Even had air support called in...

Made for nice bonfires...

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off...
Goats were a hard fight but now accepted as temporary and Green.

Problem is Unions said goats take away jobs and mountain lions and dogs claim a few plus livestock in city limit prohibition.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #54  
Any good BBQer know's, you shouldn't be using starter fluid anyways, that's just disgusting.

My son cooking chicken kabobs & searing asparagus on my burn pile - we had burgers made similarly last night.

PXL_20210409_025842136.NIGHT.jpeg

Fire started with propane torch; wood is 95% scrub oak, very tasty for cooking! (nb I don't approve of his bare feet in this case... but he's stubborn)

I'm doing "fuel abatement" and general cleanup and burning while I can; I fully expect a burn ban to hit at the end of the month - much earlier than normal, since we've gotten about 35% normal precipitation this year.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #55  
In the face of such abject absurdity, my comments would not help this situation.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #56  
Friend tried the goats, paid the fee , goats delivered but they didn't like the weeds they were hired to eat. Goat Owner claimed because it was too dry. Goats picked up, no refund , good at cleaning out the checkbook at least !

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #57  
Live free or die !
They can have my trimmer and blower when they pry them out of my cold dead hands !

Oh wait , that might be in the wrong thread !

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #58  
the road to all electrification is going faster. I can imagine landscape contractors in California are going to need new trailers with built in gens
to recharge all the LiON batteries they will have to carry. Maybe Ford thought of this when they designed the new Hybrid F150 with built in 7.5kw power?...

So what happens if the world chip shortage (does anyone believe this is not engineered somehow???) slows down production of the new electronic string trimmers?
Perhaps that's in the finer print.

My sister lives in Muir Beach right above San Francisco, both she and her husband went to Stanford grad school and love the state.
Thankfully they live in a weather micro system down by the beach and most of the fires were pretty far away. But not the soot.
So now she has four Hepa 13 air filters running constantly in her house. And she paid through the nose to get a 22kw Generac installed, since power
is unreliable. And the traffic is nuts. I just don't get it. But then I wouldn't live in Brooklyn either.

Compare that to the Maine seacoast...but of course the problem is just too many people.
California has half of the continent trying to come in over the border and half of the State's middle class are moving
out for all kinds of personal safety and affordability reasons.

bare feet near an open fire. Someone is much braver than I... ;)
bet those kabobs were good

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #59  
So fire up your 15KW generator and run it wide open to power a 110v electric trimmer? That will teach them!!!
David from jax

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #60  
The bare feet shocked me.. I won’t walk barefooted in my home much less outside. Haha It’s fine really, I wouldn’t expect a young guy to fall in the fire anymore than step in it. People do walk on coals.

I’m going to keep taking great care of all my gas powered tools and vehicles because there is no chance I’m paying what the new battery stuff costs.

Would I like to have a quieter outdoor gear? Sure, but foam earplugs work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.