NX4510 CEL and limp mode

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #1  

Kioti Dave

Gold Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti NX4510 HSTC
Have 330 hours on tractor. Regens every 50 hours give or take since new. About 12 hours ago started to regen every 3 hours. 2 auto regens and 2 manual regens. At beginning of last manual regen CEL came on, regen stopped and went into limp. Searching other threads leads me to believe a bad injector?? Other ideas as to cause? Will be contacting dealer in am.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #2  
KiotiDave, your probably right about the injector. It appears to be the most common cause of an over rich diesel fuel mixture, leading to short regen cycles and eventually a plugged DPF and that causes the CEL coming on. Only a dealer can handle the emissions issues related to bad injectors, and diagnose which injector is defective from running tests. Sorry it happened to your tractor.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #3  
Not all dealers are going to be competent diagnosing and fixing this.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode
Dealer came to look at tractor. They are 1 hour away, and came by lunch the day I called. Hooked up laptop and the codes that came up all pointed to DPF. They went through a checklist to ensure everything was functioning. No obvious culprits. Informed them of issues that other owners had like bad injectors. Had a really hard time getting it to regen manually. Finally 3 hours later and one successful regen, they said to give it a try. If it doesn't work, next step is to replace DPF canister. Sure enough, 0.8 hours later, tractor calls for manual regen.😕😕 Did not go into limp mode, so will go out again to see what happens. Miss the days of pregnancy emissions.

Dealer came to look at tractor. They are 1 hour away, and came by lunch the day I called. Hooked up laptop and the codes that came up all pointed to DPF. They went through a checklist to ensure everything was functioning. No obvious culprits. Informed them of issues that other owners had like bad injectors. Had a really hard time getting it to regen manually. Finally 3 hours later and one successful regen, they said to give it a try. If it doesn't work, next step is to replace DPF canister. Sure enough, 0.8 hours later, tractor calls for manual regen.😕😕 Did not go into limp mode, so will go out again to see what happens. Miss the days of pregnancy emissions.

PRE emissions😂😂

New update. Dealer came back today and we found oil in hose going from turbo to intake. So turbo seal leaking. Did injector test and the values on each injector not even close. So it seems I have both problems that others have found on this forum. They will forward photos and the numbers to Kioti and wait for parts. Dealer has been very responsive. They have come to my place twice in the last 3 days (1 hour away) and will pick up tractor when parts are in. Dealer does make a big difference 😊😊

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #8  
I think with all the issues we've resolved on this forum, we could start our own database of issues and be one-up on Kioti technicians. So now we know if we're having issues to pull the hose going form the turbo to the intake to see if it has an excessive amount of oil in it. And knowing is half the battle!

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #9  
Amazing that all three injectors were running a rich fuel mixture. That most likely accounts for your emmissions system short regen cycles and DPF plugging, and also probably explains the oil in your Turbo. Its really unburned diesel condensing in your Turbo exhaust system, another indication of rich fuel mixture.

Last edited:
Amazing that all three injectors were running a rich fuel mixture. That most likely accounts for your emmissions system short regen cycles and DPF plugging, and also probably explains the oil in your Turbo. Its really unburned diesel condensing in your Turbo exhaust system, another indication of rich fuel mixture.
My thoughts also. Unfortunately, Kioti software does not give technicians the range it is supposed to be in?? They tested a new machine off the lot before they came to my place. All 3 injectors on the new engine gave a value of about 14.5. Mine were 8, 10 and 12.5. I think these were shutdown values. Am waiting to hear what Kioti will replace.