NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID?

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #1  

Threepoint

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HST w/ LA350 loader, Kubota GF1800 HST, Kioti CK3510SE HST w/ KL4030 loader, Kioti NX4510HST/cab w/ KL6010 loader
Attached is a pic of the harness to the starter solenoid on my NX4510HST, looking fore to aft. Anyone know what the separated bullet connector at the bottom of the pic is for? One wire is blue with white stripe, the other is black. Because of its tarnished appearance and the fact that connectors like this don't pull apart easily, I suspect it has been separated since the tractor was delivered new in April 2014 and is intentionally so. I just noticed it yesterday evening when the tractor would not turn over and I was doing a quick visual check of the wiring.

Today I'll start trouble-shooting the "won't start" problem using the steps in Sec. 6.1 of the workshop manual. I may be starting a separate thread on that later. :( I don't think the bullet connector is related to the won't-start problem, but I'm sure curious about it right now!

The tractor has only 184 hrs. on it, and has been virtually flawless for two years. Until last night the only two times it wouldn't turn over were when I had left the PTO switch engaged at prior shutdown, and when one of the battery terminal connectors had loosened slightly from vibration, preventing enough current from reaching the starter. The current won't-start problem presents just like it would when the range selector is not in neutral or the brake engaged (or the PTO switch not disengaged). Really hoping this is something very simple, as my dealer is 95 miles from me and I don't have a deckover trailer to haul it with its wide Titan turf tires.

Attachments

• NX Solenoid harness2.jpg
    NX Solenoid harness2.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 225
   / NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #2  
I don't know what it is but my NX6010 has the same thing. I too noticed it one day was unplugged and plugged it in. I was having no problems with my tractor and plugging it in made no difference. I had my 50 hour service and asked the dealer about it, he unplugged it and said it was for a accessory I didn't have. So I doubt that connector is your issue.

-Craig

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #3  
I have the exact same connector unplugged.

I thought it was for headlights but I haven't checked it or plugged it back in.

The guy came to do the software update said he would look in to it.

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID?
Thanks, guys. If it's for an accessory we don't have, as Craig's dealer says, I'm more curious than ever. Probably something I'm going to want to add. :laughing:

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #5  
Anyone have the fuel heater, possibly part of the wiring for it? Factory service manual should show what it's for if it has wiring schematics.

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #6  
Anyone have the fuel heater, possibly part of the wiring for it? Factory service manual should show what it's for if it has wiring schematics.

I have the fuel heater. The fuel heater sits above the filter on the right side of the engine.

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #7  
I have one of those loose under my hood, and another by the ROPS. I haven't checked to see if and when they get power. Could be power for uninstalled horn and ???

/ NX4510HST mystery bullet connector ID? #8  
My horn works with it disconnected.