NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I've done a fair number of fluid changes and this is the first time I've encountered this. Loader jerks a few inches and that's it. PTO spins, but it doesn't seem very vigorous. Steering isn't happening (no power).

I'd over-filled a bit so I removed fluid to just under full.

Haven't run for more than a couple of minutes (total) for fear of damaging something. All Kioti filters. No issues changing anything. I am using semi-synthetic fluid, spec'd better than Kioti.

How best to work through this?

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #2  
When you started the tractor could hear the fluid start to flow? Normally when I change hydraulic fluid I can hear the air purging. I wait till that clears before cycling the valves.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change
Kind of sounded like it was dead-heading: was a bit worried so I checked that my levers were all in the neutral position. That sound diminished (no longer?). I've got the fluid level about midway on the stick.

I suspect the pump lost prime. Not sure of the correct approach to help it regain prime: what hoses to disconnect etc..

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #5  
I think fluid level is fine. It should self purge if you let it run for a bit. Can you see the fluid through the fill port? Should see it moving if it is circulating. You can take the line feeding the loader valve off and see if there is flow.

Last edited:
   / NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #6  
Maybe the filter seal is faulty and leaking enough air to prevent prime. :unsure: It doesnt take a lot to foil the suction side of the hydraulic system.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #7  
I suspect the pump lost prime. Not sure of the correct approach to help it regain prime: what hoses to disconnect etc..
if it's a vertical filter that screws up to the base fill the filter with hydraulic fluid screw it on solved my hydraulic problems when I change fluids in my Kubotas.

Ran about 5 minutes. No flow seen in the filler port. I can detect pulsations through the return pipe.

Which filter would be the one most likely causing an issue, the hydraulic filter of the transmission filter? jjeff, unfortunately the filters are horizontal. I've never pre-filled before (not on the tractor OR my Kubota).

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #9  
Ran about 5 minutes. No flow seen in the filler port. I can detect pulsations through the return pipe.

Which filter would be the one most likely causing an issue, the hydraulic filter of the transmission filter? jjeff, unfortunately the filters are horizontal. I've never pre-filled before (not on the tractor OR my Kubota).
I've always had to on my vintage relics or Id experience similar problems you describe

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #10  
Wonder if you could use a compressor to put some pressure on the tank to force some fluid to the pump?