NX6010 cab w/ loader Hood or bonnet pops open

/ NX6010 cab w/ loader Hood or bonnet pops open #1  

Ingerdeere

Bronze Member
Tractor
john Deere 2305, Kubota L3400, John Deer 5093e Limited(SOLD IT), Kioti NX6010CH/loader, Ingersoll 4016, JD EZ225, Snapper 3012523BVE, JD 726 E Snowthrower
Year old NX6010 w/ loader bonnet will release for no reason. Did it starting about a year ago. The bonnet feels to have more flex than when originally purchased. No major damage evident except the Latch catch on the lower front grill appears to be bending the lower front grill/vent....like the bonnet has moved rearward. Also getting a kissing mark on the top of the breather housing over the top bonnet support.
Looking a Michigan Iron Parts illustrations, I don't see how to adjust this in any way. Planning on pulling off bonnet in next few days. Anyone with recommendations? Thanks in advance.

/ NX6010 cab w/ loader Hood or bonnet pops open #2  
My NX5510 had some shipping damage on the hood and the latch was bent. As hard as it is to find a tractor right now I didn't argue too much and I got a "free" rear remote out of it.

Got it home and uses a pry bar to "Adjust" the latch so it would latch correctly and stay locked. Haven't had any issues out of it in almost 100hours.

/ NX6010 cab w/ loader Hood or bonnet pops open
It's fixed for now. 1) There is no "adjustment" on the latch or hinge/pin mount or gas shocks. Looks like the position of the bonnet/hood is fixed at time of assembly. 2) Follow recommendations in owner's manual " Do not apply excessive force to the handle to fix it. The hood can be damaged". Two people use this machine and one slamming the hood to get it to latch....USELESS (action not the person). Over time the catch bar was being bent up and away from latch catches. As well the slamming pushed the weather stripping rubber engine side and further distorted the catch bar mounting to the sheet metal. Removing the weather stripping, reshaping sheet metal mounts to the catch bar, lubricating guides, latch spring, snap ring, collars & shaft and operates as it should... self inflicted wound.... unforced error (operator).