Oh I wish I had $350 available right now

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #1  

handirifle

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1010
Looking on Craigs List there is a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone with 40ft of cables, for $350. I could sure use one of those. It looks brand new too.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #2  
Never see the AC/DC ones. Just the AC only ones. I too would like to have a dc welder instead of the AC only tappes machine I have now

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #3  
Looking on Craigs List there is a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone with 40ft of cables, for $350. I could sure use one of those. It looks brand new too.

Not saying it wouldn't be adequate for most situations, but I would wish for more amperage capability on The Tombstone than 125 dc. More in line with what the Hobart gives.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #4  
Handrifle. Loved my Tombstone ACDC. Sold it for the same amount that Mark @ Everlast sold me their Stick 200. Honestly a fantastic purchase IMO, the technology makes the welding a lot easier, and the thing you can cary easily, my poor tombstone had to be put on a dolly it was so heavy.

But, not knocking the tombstone, it is a fantastic, stable, reliable machine. Just saying you can get something IMO better for the same price.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #5  
Handrifle. Loved my Tombstone ACDC. Sold it for the same amount that Mark @ Everlast sold me their Stick 200. Honestly a fantastic purchase IMO, the technology makes the welding a lot easier, and the thing you can cary easily, my poor tombstone had to be put on a dolly it was so heavy. But, not knocking the tombstone, it is a fantastic, stable, reliable machine. Just saying you can get something IMO better for the same price.

Earlier this year a fellow had an older Lincoln Idealarc 250/250 listed for $550. We communicated via email for several weeks with my $250 standing offer supported pretty much by 'woodlandfarms' quote as to why he would have difficulty with his asking price.

Long story short, he ended up delivering to my shop for $350 when he was going to be in my area anyways. It would have cost me over $100 in gas if I had picked it up.

Here's a pic of it restored. image-2396645886.jpg

Best part of the transaction was meeting a pretty cool guy. :)
Terry

Last edited:
   / Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #6  
I had an AC Lincoln that burned in my shop fire. Replaced it with a Lincoln AC/DC. I don't use it often, most times I use MIG. But when I do, it's always on DC. I like it. I think I gave $525 for it new, but can't remember for sure.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #7  
I remember I paid righ at $325 when I bought my ac/dc tombstone new. Of course that was about 30 years ago. It would run 1/8 7018 all day long. My BIL owns it now and I wish I had it back.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #8  
After selling ALL my welding and fabricating stuff last year after getting hurt, I have been in the market for a stick welder for about a month. The broken metal is accumulating :(

Today I SCORED a almost unused Thunderbolt 225 XL AC/DC for just under $200. Guy was cool, said his dad's business closed and he no longer needed a welder, he only bought it to help him out from time to time.

The potential pitfall is we could not test it, he did not have a single 220 outlet in the place. Given the condition, I am sure it will be fine and for that price, I can afford to fix it if needed.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #9  
There are deals to be found if one is persistent. I got my Dialarc HF for 350, minus the TIG setup. Good stick welder though.

/ Oh I wish I had $350 available right now #10  
Earlier this year a fellow had an older Lincoln Idealarc 250/250 listed for $550. We communicated via email for several weeks with my $250 standing offer supported pretty much by 'woodlandfarms' quote as to why he would have difficulty with his asking price.

Long story short, he ended up delivering to my shop for $350 when he was going to be in my area anyways. It would have cost me over $100 in gas if I had picked it up

Here's a pic of it restored. View attachment 447018

Best part of the transaction was meeting a pretty cool guy. :)

Terry
Your picture brings back memories for me. Welded a lot of 5th wheels on semi tractors with that very same machine. Pretty much a bullet proof welder. Nice score and beautiful work on the restore!