oil change issue

/ oil change issue #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I am getting ready to change the oil in my NH. However I remember reading on TBN a couple years ago that someone had done it somehow incorrectly and as a result ruined the motor. I can not find that thread that explains what not to do. I think he did not let the new oil settle long enough into his motor and as a result the oil was not where it needed to end up and as a result part of his motor locked up. Does anyone know of any special way I need to change the oil in my NH TD45D or remember the thread I am talking about?
Thanks

/ oil change issue #2  
Sounds very unlikely, and a quick check with the dip stick should always be done before start after a oil change.

/ oil change issue #3  
I am getting ready to change the oil in my NH. However I remember reading on TBN a couple years ago that someone had done it somehow incorrectly and as a result ruined the motor. I can not find that thread that explains what not to do. I think he did not let the new oil settle long enough into his motor and as a result the oil was not where it needed to end up and as a result part of his motor locked up. Does anyone know of any special way I need to change the oil in my NH TD45D or remember the thread I am talking about?
Thanks
If I remember correctly some models (can't remember which) had a crankcase vent tube that instead of venting to the atmosphere, due to pollution control some vented from the valve cover back to the air intake.
If oil was poured to quickly into the valve cover oil fill, it could overflow into the crankcase vent tube and into the air intake causing hydro lock.
If refilling through the valve cover, pour the oil slowly should prevent that.
Or if there is a different oil fill hole, just use it instead.

/ oil change issue
To me an oil change is simple. It's just that that thread made me question it and now probably 3 years later I can not find out what the issue was.

/ oil change issue
Vince
I believe that is what I remember it being about

/ oil change issue
Thanks folks. I take it that if I fill it back up slowly I will not have a problem.

/ oil change issue #10  
remember when you add the oil it doesn't go in the screw in cap on the valve cover like a car. nearly did that myself the first time