Oil dispensing pump

/ Oil dispensing pump #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
What’s the best oil pump or technique to get oil from from bulk 5 gallon pails into tractors? Gear and transmission/hydraulic oil. Been pouring using funnels. Sometimes transferring to smaller containers.

/ Oil dispensing pump #2  
   / Oil dispensing pump #3  
When changing the hydraulic oil in my Kubota tractor I use the pump as listed . It makes it much easier with less chance of spills. At the cost of Super UDT you don’t want to spill much.

/ Oil dispensing pump #4  
about 6 months ago i left the gas cap off the tractor, it rained so i had to empty the gas tank, remove the contaminated diesel.

id had nothin but bad luck trying to figure out a way to comfortably and SAFELY fill the tank. I had already taken 2 pretty good falls trying to fill the tractor.

i bought a 12 volt pump from HF. Looks like the handle on a gas pump.

That pump can empty a 5 gal can in no time at all. I'm not sure but it might work for you.

/ Oil dispensing pump #5  
I use this 12V oil pump to transfer tractor oil:

I mounted it to the lid of a 5 Gal bucket and use it with both tractor hyd fluid and motor oil. The fill ports on many tractors are hard to reach with a funnel and this rig makes it a snap.

The pump can also be reversed to handle over fills or to remove oil from difficult locations.

/ Oil dispensing pump #6  
I bought an "Ironton" 12v pump from Northern Tool. Plan to use it to both remove and to add back the hydraulic fluid the next change coming up in 50 more hours.

I had one of these once before but ruined it in pumping hot oil from the engine on our of our cars. Northern fully refunded my money. So, do not use it on hot oil (above 190 F). Ruins the seals.

Have used this one to change cold oil in one of the engines so far, the 2025R.

/ Oil dispensing pump #7  
amazon has a list of 5qt -8qt oil pour containers that would make filling your tractor easier. also has a 5 gallon bucket screw-on pour spout with cap that would make filling a 5-8qt container easier to do.

no motors or battery needed.

/ Oil dispensing pump #8  
I just purchased a Lumax plunger pump from local NAPA store

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7151576

It has an adapter that threads on to the plastic spout on the bucket. A nice feature is the discharge tube has a shut-off so it doesn't drip when you are done.

/ Oil dispensing pump #10  
I bought 6 qt pourer thingy with spout for hyd oil. We dont use so much as back in the day and it works well enough and always handy. I do have other stuff but simple is good.