Oil film in engine compartment, 2018 4046r

/ Oil film in engine compartment, 2018 4046r #1  

mgbrasher

Tractor
4046r
I have a 2018 4046r, 50.5 hours. Yesterday I noticed a small (2" diameter) puddle of oil on the workshop floor beneath the engine. Upon raising the hood I noticed a rather thin but extensive film of what appeared to be oil across the underside of the hood, in the radiator compartment, and on the front grill. It appears to be originating from what I can only assume is the air intake. Attached are images. Are there any circumstances under which this would be normal/expected? I've never seen this on other tractors, but this is the first I've owned with the new emission control measures, and I wanted to make sure it didn't have some convoluted relationship to that. The first regen cycle was just completed at 50 hours earlier this week. Just wanted to check with the forum for an independent opinion before taking it back to my dealer.

Thanks for any input.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    774.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 97
   / Oil film in engine compartment, 2018 4046r #2  
That's not normal........

/ Oil film in engine compartment, 2018 4046r #3  
:welcome: to TBN

Not normal, and sign of a problem of some degree. Good luck with the dealer.

Edit: Guess we don't have the welcome banner, just the silly/stupid emoji's.

/ Oil film in engine compartment, 2018 4046r #4  
isn't the hydraulic oil cooler in that area. definitely not normal. I would start by washinbg it all off and then running it a little to see if you can spot the leak. may just be a fitting that needs to be tightened.