Oil Pan Torque Requirements

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements #1  

Thall303

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5045D. Kawasaki Mule 4000
Can anyone tell me the correct torque setting for the oil pan plug and washer for a John Deere 5045D?

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements #2  
With a 3/8 ratchet nice and tight without stripping. LOL !
That is not a critical area, not like heads or connecting rods.

On the oil pan plug I don't think you could strip the threads any way. Just squish that gasket nice and flat.

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements
Thanks

I had to remove it with an impact wrench.

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements #4  
Just snug. An impact wrench is way too tight.

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements #5  
I've repaired many small engines including motorcycle, small diesel and auto gas & diesel engines.
In my experience I've found that attempting to torque small fasteners that screw into aluminum using factory specifications is not a good idea when working with aluminum or older equipment.
I've discovered typos and marginal threaded holes & screws that strip out easily or break when you are using a torque wrench because you are focused on the dial or waiting for the click.
You are better of doing these small non critical fasteners by hand because you can feel if the fastener starts to strip out and stop before it's too late.
When I reassemble anything I lube the threads (large & small) with engine oil or grease to prevent future removal issues.
However be aware that this reduces friction and you must reduce the torque to avoid stripping/breaking fasteners.
Many torque specifications are for clean dry threads others are with engine oil. Specialized fasteners such as ARP require their own special lubricant.

90cummins

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements
Thanks

I would be afraid to tighten with an impact wrench .��

/ Oil Pan Torque Requirements #7  
yea untill your sure the gasket is seated and it wont vibrate loose