Oil Sampling & Testing

/ Oil Sampling & Testing #1  

artf

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940, 2021 Husqvarna TS348
Just came home with a 2002 Kubota L3710 HST with Cab & LA682 Loader. Unit has 530 hrs on it. Previous owner states that fluid & filter changes were made in his shop, not a Kubota dealer, at 500 hrs.

Where do I get the fluid tested to confirm/deny? I know Cat Dealers do it.

I'm planning to pay & have my Kubota Dealer run thriough all the 500 hr checks and adjustments. I could just redo the whole 500 hr service?

/ Oil Sampling & Testing #3  
GaryE said:
Art,
But if I were you, I would just assume the fluid had never been changed and do it myself.
Gary

Gary, I agree with you. If the oil test come back "good", then okay. But oil testing is not cheap. And how many oil samples will have to be sent? Axles? Tranny? Engine?

On my used TN70A I just bought all the fluids and filters (OEM, of course) and started changing everything. Now I know for sure when it was changed. I also learned alot about my tractor.
Bob

/ Oil Sampling & Testing #5  
Do you have reason to not believe the previous owner? Could you see where a wrench had been on the drain plugs recently, do the filters look new, does the zerks and or joints have new grease around them?

/ Oil Sampling & Testing #6  
I'm sitting here reading the instructions from Blackstone Labs on my kit I'm going to use and it instructs me to catch the sample "mid stream". Hmm, that reminds me too much of something else that requests a "mid stream" sample... :eek: