Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!!

/ Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!! #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Thought I'd share some pics I found, while in the process of moving. This was back in the mid-80's, when I used to show, and pull my little BN. Some fond memories here... :)

Side shot is coming out of the hole, enroute to a full pull..!!

Front shot is of 'er walkin' tall for me, during the same pull.

Other pic with the Silver King beside me is one of the guys I worked with, doing a double tree tug pull, at another show back when it was hardly heard of... That was the first time we'd ever tried it, and won the class with a full pull also...

Attachments

• BN Tug Pulling Barlow Fairgrounds.jpg
    BN Tug Pulling Barlow Fairgrounds.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 333
  • BN Walking Tall  Barlow Fairgrounds.jpg
    BN Walking Tall Barlow Fairgrounds.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Bn and Silver King Ray Beiter Musk Co Fairgrounds.jpg
    Bn and Silver King Ray Beiter Musk Co Fairgrounds.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 256
   / Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!! #2  
Thanks for posting. Pulling with old tractors is fun.

/ Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!! #3  
Question to Mike R more specifically , I see all the vintage tractor passion and I figure maybe my winter project (multiple winters) could be a vintage tractor rebuild. Of course I know the danger of making that decision.
1) it will cost more than I think 2) it will use up the garge for next five years 3) a new garage will be needed, 4) the wife won't see me much infront of TV, 5) I will live an breathe WD40 , 6) I will get bit with the passion and never stop
Question is .....I see the scrap yard dealer in Echo Bay (corner of 17B and Watson Rd just past Hardware store) always has a variety of rusty old tractors parked there for years , is that how you folks started , or is it better to deal with a farmer getting rid of a old one?

/ Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!!
About half of mine came from farm auctions. Just had to be at the right place, at the right time... I bought that BN in the fall of '77 at auction for $270.00, and it came with the full set of cultivators. First time they had the cultivators off of it since new. Guess they thought it would bring more.

Got tired of moving the cultivators, so scrapped them about 10 years ago... Now with folks going back to organic veggie farms, those cultivators are now in demand. My luck...

Getting bitten by the bug isn't a bad thing. Most of mine do earn their keep doing gin jobs now and then. Nice to have an extra tractor, to just pull something, or put on the spreader, pull a hay wagon, etc. Saves hooking and unhooking numerous times. Especially a big help here, since it's a one person operation.

I still have the BN, and it's used every now and then on the hammermill, etc.

/ Old Pics of Tug Pulling My BN Farmall back in the 80's... Fun Times..!! #5  
Question to Mike R more specifically , I see all the vintage tractor passion and I figure maybe my winter project (multiple winters) could be a vintage tractor rebuild. Of course I know the danger of making that decision.
1) it will cost more than I think 2) it will use up the garge for next five years 3) a new garage will be needed, 4) the wife won't see me much infront of TV, 5) I will live an breathe WD40 , 6) I will get bit with the passion and never stop
Question is .....I see the scrap yard dealer in Echo Bay (corner of 17B and Watson Rd just past Hardware store) always has a variety of rusty old tractors parked there for years , is that how you folks started , or is it better to deal with a farmer getting rid of a old one?

It's probably easier to buy 1 from a farmer just because they are usally running but if 1 of thoses old rusty tractors are rare and you can get it for a good price, it will be worth more once you restore it and decide to sell it.;). Even the old rusty ones if they run are nice to see just because they are in their working clothes.:thumbsup: