Old "Vintage" Ariens Stuff

/ Old "Vintage" Ariens Stuff #1  

quarencia

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230 & B3200
Last fall I bought an Ariens Snow Blower that came with a Gard-N-Vac yard vacuum attachment and a shredder/mulcher attachment. They were on the side of the road with a sign for $20. I can't find any info on these attachments. Both have Ariens tags with Serial numbers, but no model numbers.

It's pretty much been snowing since I bought them (it's snowing right now!), so I haven't had a chance to get any pics.

Anyone know anything about these. I'd like to find some specs and info.

/ Old "Vintage" Ariens Stuff #2  

ToadHill

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac
I don't have anything to send you but my dad had a unit like you describe. I think it is called a Power Handle, with the motor attached to the handles and all the attachments bolt on the front. If I remember it had a snow blower, tiller, bushhog type mower and one other attachment, maybe a lawn vac.

/ Old "Vintage" Ariens Stuff #3  

T_e_r_r_y

Veteran Member
Look down where the left handle bolts on to the tractor, on the bottom cover plate. There should be a serial and model number for the tractor. If the tag is missing, the serial & model numbers should be stamped into the metal.

Go to Ariens - Lawn & Snow Products and enter their parts radar. Enter the numbers and it should bring up an exploded view of the tractor and sno-blower for different model. You can also order an owners manual and a parts manual,that cover the sno-thros. Mine cost me $13.00 about 6 yrs ago.

The correct name is Sno-Thro. They had different attachments: Snowblower,
reel type mower,rotary mower, lawn vacum and there might be more.

I have three Ariens Sno-Thro; 922020-20" and 922008-20" 72to75 models and a 910008-24" 76.