On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #1  

Clintock

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510 with FEL
Well after 200 and something nother bucks, I decided to make a brush guard insert. It’s a copy of something I seen on utoob. That damn plastic is expensive!
IMG_1014.jpg

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #2  
   / On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510
Appreciate it. Shoulda mentioned that. It’s for a dk4510. The curve is a pain. I got a shop press and kept adding pressure in different spots till it matched the curve of the guard. Would shorten the bottom insert on the next one. The top bolts that hold the guard to the frame are close. Can be tightened. But no luck with a socket. Have to use open end wrench.

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #4  
Looks great!

i dont have my own metal working shop or skills anywhere close to fabricating things like this, so i just placed an order from broken anvil. Can’t wait to see mine.

Check out his selection of awesome, laser cut grill options for kiotis and kubotas.

I don’t really have a shop. Just a shed. 16x24. Insulated with AC!! Need that down here in south Alabama. I got a little wire welder. A torch set and some drills and saws. But I built the shop for leatherwork and rarely do leatherwork anymore. Cows take too much time plus two kids under 2.

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #6  
Fortunately - I read several posts here on TBN about the damage done to radiator, grill & battery by sticks, stobs & limbs. Had this done along with the instal of my grapple.

Very nice job there - Clintock. Now you will pick junk out of the grill guard without damage to your tractor.

IMG_0016.jpeg

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #7  
Looks great!

i dont have my own metal working shop or skills anywhere close to fabricating things like this, so i just placed an order from broken anvil. Can’t wait to see mine.

Check out his selection of awesome, laser cut grill options for kiotis and kubotas.

The price is certainly good for a custom guard. I'm not a good welder, so I paid about $400 for a beautiful custom grill guard a few months ago.... after punching a hole in the OEM mesh grill.

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #8  
That looks great,Nice job..

Appreciate y’all. That anvil metal works does have some nice guards and if I would’ve known about him before hand I prolly woulda just ordered from him. Then the wife woulda been mad cause I spent money on a grille when I coulda made it. My only problem is I have to lower the guard in order to raise the hood. I’ve seen a couple on utoob where hood will open without lowering guard. Idk. Thought about washers behind guard at the bottom but it would require longer bolts and make a weaker connection. It’s nothing major.

/ On the bandwagon. Grille guard for DK 4510 #10  
I have to tip my guard forward to raise the hood. Not really that difficult. And really - how often do you need to raise the hood.