One more 3000 cltuch question

/ One more 3000 cltuch question #1  

MMagis

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, JD 2550
Just wanted to see if anyone could verify I'm interpreting my manual right. It says that when installing a double clutch assembly into a "current tractor" (Ford service manual from 1970, same year as my tractor) no readjustment is necessary. The entire section basically says take the old one out, and put the new one back in. The clutch assembly is from Atlantic Service Parts. When asked if the clutch is pre-set, they said no. But maybe that's just the standard answer? Just trying to prevent putting the tractor back together and finding the clutch works and not the PTO, or something like that.
Thank you

/ One more 3000 cltuch question #2  
The whole shebang is getting the clutch to clutch adjustment to fit the length of your pedal travel. In support of their answer: If their manufacturing setup and maintained tolerances during manufacturing are such, they could design in the proper adjustment during manufacturing........that's a big IF that would need answering.

How close is your nearest Ford/NH dealer. If not that far, as compared to the trouble you would go through in having to take it back out of the ratio is wrong, why not take your clutch to the Ford house and pay them to check/adjust as necessary. I think it would be money well spent. Would probably charge you an hour's labor, maybe not if it's just a check.

Or go back to your manual and swag from their alignment instructions. Rumor has it that you have to have done it a few times or so to know how to set it right the first time.

/ One more 3000 cltuch question
I got to thinking the same thing. I talked to the "local" dealer and since I need to go pick up one more seal, he said we could go over it with his lead tech while I'm there. I appreciate the help.