One more off the bucket list

/ One more off the bucket list #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
The wife and I finally went to see our beloved green bay packers last weekend.Went threw the UP of michigan what a nice trip.Great game they beat the Bills..

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
   / One more off the bucket list #2  
Got an old friend in Ontonagon - in the UP. Met via ham radio - finally got to go and visit. The UP is some beautiful country.

BTW - didn't the size of the stadium scare you - - heck, just your picture gives me the shivers. That is a really BIG place.

/ One more off the bucket list #4  
How were the fall colors in da U P?

That bridge gives me the willies! :laughing:

/ One more off the bucket list #5  
I may make another trip to the UP soon. I’ll start in Sault Ste Marie and travel west through Iron Mountain and Escanaba, then over to Bayfield Wisconsin. Very beautiful area.

/ One more off the bucket list #6  
The wife and I finally went to see our beloved green bay packers last weekend.Went threw the UP of michigan what a nice trip.Great game they beat the Bills..

Good for you coobie.

/ One more off the bucket list #7  
Go to the locks.
Soo Locks - Wikipedia

Go to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point.
Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum - Wikipedia

Go to Tahquamenon Falls
Tahquamenon Falls - Wikipedia

Go to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Munising and take a boat tour on Lake Superior
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - Wikipedia

Go to Marquettte and see the iron ore dock
Marquette ore docks a reminder of the city's maritime and mining heritage | Michigan Radio

Since you're going south towards Escanaba, you might like Palms Book State Park, there's a spring about 400' across and 40' deep. Completely clear. You can ride across on a covered glass bottom raft and see the fish all the way at the bottom, and boiling sand where 10,000 gallons of water come up every minute. Really neat.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palms_Book_State_Park

Drop down to Fayetteville Historic State Park. It's an old iron smelting village on a snail shell harbor with towering white cliffs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayette_Historic_State_Park

On your return trip, consider driving down to Manitowac and taking the SS Badger car ferry across Lake Michigan to Ludington. It's the last coal fired steam powered large ship in the U.S. and is designated as several historic landmarks.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Badger

/ One more off the bucket list
How were the fall colors in da U P?

That bridge gives me the willies! :laughing:
Moss,the colors were only about 20-30 percent changed.Big mac bridge is quite a thing to behold.

/ One more off the bucket list #9  
Seems we are now beyond max colors in the western UP and the wind we had this week took many leaves down. NOAA had predicted a 18ft surf on Thursday so many boats went to safe harbors that day. The colors were pretty good this year but we'd not call them "best ever". I few fall color photos can be had on the dogs blog The Trail Mutt Reports

/ One more off the bucket list
Seems we are now beyond max colors in the western UP and the wind we had this week took many leaves down. NOAA had predicted a 18ft surf on Thursday so many boats went to safe harbors that day. The colors were pretty good this year but we'd not call them "best ever". I few fall color photos can be had on the dogs blog The Trail Mutt Reports
We stayed on Hwy.2 most of the way threw the UP then down to hwys. 41/35 towards green bay.Rented a cabin on lake mich.in cedar river mi.Colors were about 20-30 percent changed.

Attachments

• DSCN0109.JPG
    DSCN0109.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited: