Opinions on 2015 NH Workmaster 70

/ Opinions on 2015 NH Workmaster 70 #1  

Dave from GA & KY

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 Kioti CK35
I've been looking at a 2015 New Holland Workmaster 70, MFWD. Only 715 hours and looks nearly new. It's at a Local JD Dealer and they took it on trade. It has a canopy and 1 set of remotes. No FEL and no FEL prep.

Everything, including all the lights, works perfectly as far as I could tell.

It's missing the top link and they have no idea why. This is the only issue I found with it.

I ran through the 8x8 shuttle transmission and it performed well. Only thing I noticed is there is a lot of "whine" from the tranny when in reverse.

The exhaust shoots down & out on the right hand side of the engine. I sort of like it with no pipe sticking up 4 feet out of the hood, but have no experience with it. You don't get bad exhaust smell or heat when operating it do you?

I put it in & out of 4WD a few times. This is done using a lever on the left hand side at the bottom of the seat. I noticed that the lever is pretty stiff to move and doesn't "click" into position. Does anyone know if this is normal?

They're asking $19,495 for it.

I will be using it to pull an 8' pull-type Bush Hog, plowing & planting food plots, and other duties around the farm.

Opinions & comments on the tractor, issues I mentioned, and price are all welcome.

Thanks!

/ Opinions on 2015 NH Workmaster 70 #2  
Just picked up a brand new workmaster 60. Everything works as you described. So far used for plowing snow and moving high moisture content hay bales weighing 1500 lbs. Should work just fine for what you are trying to do. Seems a little pricey since a new with FEL is only $10k more.

/ Opinions on 2015 NH Workmaster 70 #3  
Just picked up a brand new workmaster 60. Everything works as you described. So far used for plowing snow and moving high moisture content hay bales weighing 1500 lbs. Should work just fine for what you are trying to do. Seems a little pricey since a new with FEL is only $10k more.
I've been looking at a 2015 New Holland Workmaster 70, MFWD. Only 715 hours and looks nearly new. It's at a Local JD Dealer and they took it on trade. It has a canopy and 1 set of remotes. No FEL and no FEL prep.

Everything, including all the lights, works perfectly as far as I could tell.

It's missing the top link and they have no idea why. This is the only issue I found with it.

I ran through the 8x8 shuttle transmission and it performed well. Only thing I noticed is there is a lot of "whine" from the tranny when in reverse.

The exhaust shoots down & out on the right hand side of the engine. I sort of like it with no pipe sticking up 4 feet out of the hood, but have no experience with it. You don't get bad exhaust smell or heat when operating it do you?

I put it in & out of 4WD a few times. This is done using a lever on the left hand side at the bottom of the seat. I noticed that the lever is pretty stiff to move and doesn't "click" into position. Does anyone know if this is normal?

They're asking $19,495 for it.

I will be using it to pull an 8' pull-type Bush Hog, plowing & planting food plots, and other duties around the farm.

Opinions & comments on the tractor, issues I mentioned, and price are all welcome.

Thanks!