Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #1  

smokin joe

Tractor
L3901 TLB
Opinions on Quick Attach

For a Kubota L3901 tractor.
It's made from Grade 50 steel. 375 lbs. 1 3"-cylinder. 3400 shipped.

I was looking at the Landpride scg0660 at 250ish pounds made out of AR400 steel. Can't find many of those...and where I did told me to figure out freight shipping from their location. 2900+ shipping.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple
I am using it for picking up branches and logs up to 25" dbh to bring out of the woods. My Loader lift capacity is 1100ish all the way up.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #3  
So my opinion is that there are probably many cases in which MINI-skidsteer attachments are actually appropriately sized and built for some smaller tractors.

But i want to make sure you’re aware the MINI skid quick attach format is totally different from ‘regular’ Skid Steer Quick Attach and while tons of tractors have SSQA, none of them to my knowledge come with the mini skid style adapter.

I bought one to put on my small tractor and even built a rock bucket for it already. So i think using mini skid ssqa format on a small tractor is valid/viable. But your tractor doesnt qualify as all that small to me, and it may be strong enough to damage a mini skid implement even if you can get it attached.

Cool thing about mini skid quick attach for adapting to a pin on style is the adapter plate is so tiny, you dont really need to remove or alter it if you want to attach that implement to something else. You can weld on some pin brackets totall outside of that plate without having to touch it. There are also full size SSQA to mini-SSQA adapter plates you could buy to just hook up and go, but they move the implement out maybe 6” and add weight and cost while reducing your curl force.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #4  
I'm using this on an LS xr4150. No complaints so far ... 3 yrs.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #5  
A 25" live log can weigh 150 - 200 lbs a ft.
25" x 6ft of red oak could weight 1200 lbs
I don't think mini skid steer is the right category for your machine.

Scooter. What would you consider.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #7  
A 25" live log can weigh 150 - 200 lbs a ft.
25" x 6ft of red oak could weight 1200 lbs
I don't think mini skid steer is the right category for your machine.
Mini skids rated capacity is usually listed as "operating capacity" which is often 1/3 of actually lift capacity. A sk1050 for example 1062lb operating but has 3000lb lift capacity and I'd bet is built tougher than most smaller tractors.

Definately some good advice here...but I think I am inexperienced enough that I'm jot sure I understand somenof the nuances of what you are saying.

Quick Attach is the company's name. They have 4 different attachment configurationsand make one for th L3901. I did ask the canyon after the above post and they sent the following dimensions (see pic).

There are some comments about whether the grapple is the right tool for the job...Great points...but I do jot understand what you are saying. Please have patience and clarify. Is this grapple to heavy for an L3901? If so...what would you suggest? I am confused with the working capacity and max capacity of a mini Skid Steer. Im Sure they are different from my tractor...but why is that important. Maybe intuitive to some...but have not used one in a long time.

Really trying to see if this company is a quality cpany and if this implement is worthwhile. Too heavy? Too light? The mounting plate was a good comment that I could ask about.

Tha KS for your patience. Trying to learn.
123_1.jpg

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #9  
Well if they will put a full size ssqa plate on it for you then great. I wasnt sure if thats what they meant by ‘universal plate’ because that kinda sounded like a blank plate they just expect you to weld to. None of the other options are formats a tractor would have on it unless you added it. The Bobcat MT-whatever format is closest as its basically a narrower version of the regular full size ssqa plate.

Not all mini skid grapples are suitable for anything other than a mini skid because a lot of times the grapple cylinder’s placement would interfere with the larger attachment plate. In this case it looks like they just pushed the entire attachment far enough out in front of the attachment plate that the cylinder tucks entirely in between them. lot of dual cylinder mini skid grapples have the cylinders less than 45” apart which means you couldnt fot a full size ssqa plate between them without ‘standing it off’ a good 6” and while yeah that’s possible, i would guess most people shopping mini skid implements are concerned about losing capacity from an already limited number, otherwise theyd be shopping 55”+ full size ssqa implements.

But regardless the plate they showed you is the ‘normal’ ssqa plate and if you have ssqa on your loader, it will work for you. 👍

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.