Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #11  
So my opinion is that there are probably many cases in which MINI-skidsteer attachments are actually appropriately sized and built for some smaller tractors.

But i want to make sure you’re aware the MINI skid quick attach format is totally different from ‘regular’ Skid Steer Quick Attach and while tons of tractors have SSQA, none of them to my knowledge come with the mini skid style adapter.

I bought one to put on my small tractor and even built a rock bucket for it already. So i think using mini skid ssqa format on a small tractor is valid/viable. But your tractor doesnt qualify as all that small to me, and it may be strong enough to damage a mini skid implement even if you can get it attached.

Cool thing about mini skid quick attach for adapting to a pin on style is the adapter plate is so tiny, you dont really need to remove or alter it if you want to attach that implement to something else. You can weld on some pin brackets totall outside of that plate without having to touch it. There are also full size SSQA to mini-SSQA adapter plates you could buy to just hook up and go, but they move the implement out maybe 6” and add weight and cost while reducing your curl force.

A mini skid steer is actually pretty strong. Something along the lines of a Ditch-witch sk-800 would easily out lift an L3901. But the point remains that the hitch plates are different.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #12  
I have a 'small' 3000lb skid steer from the 70s, which is essentially the same weight, size, and operating capacity as the SK800. The sk800 is a 'mini' skid but mine is just 'small'. :ROFLMAO:

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #13  
I have a L6060 and expect the fel lift capacity to be the same or near it. I would verify the lift capacity of your tractor and the fel on it and the capacity of the grapple you are looking at. I have a Everything attachment on mine and it has worked great. I have used it and it has handled large logs or loads the fel lifted the loaded rear tires off the ground. I would not want any fel attachment that would not hold up to the lift capacity of the front-end loader. For sooner or later you will use the full capacity of the loader on that attachment.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #14  
I have a L6060 and expect the fel lift capacity to be the same or near it. I would verify the lift capacity of your tractor and the fel on it and the capacity of the grapple you are looking at. I have a Everything attachment on mine and it has worked great. I have used it and it has handled large logs or loads the fel lifted the loaded rear tires off the ground. I would not want any fel attachment that would not hold up to the lift capacity of the front-end loader. For sooner or later you will use the full capacity of the loader on that attachment.

A L6060 is a lot more tractor than a L3901. The 3901 is a LA525 loader and yours is a La1055 loader. Your lift capacity is over double the L3901.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #15  
Opinions on Quick Attach

For a Kubota L3901 tractor.
It's made from Grade 50 steel. 375 lbs. 1 3"-cylinder. 3400 shipped.

I was looking at the Landpride scg0660 at 250ish pounds made out of AR400 steel. Can't find many of those...and where I did told me to figure out freight shipping from their location. 2900+ shipping.
The confusion is because of your thread title and the link is for a mini skid steer attachment plate and grapple:

QuickClawMiniSkidSteerIndustrialGrappleRake_5_600x.jpg

The mini SSQA plate is smaller:

Screenshot 2022-11-21 20.35.03.png

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #16  
Outstanding tool but it is for a mini track loader.
1669085501814.jpeg

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #17  
You can get a dual cylinder grapple for less $, made for a compact tractor. I went through the process for that same tractor last year. The small LandPride can be tough to find, but they are available. Look at Express Steel, Homestead Implements or everything attachments.

Just sold my 3901, but kept the grapple for my new tractor. The 525 loader will work fine with the correctly sized grapple- 55-60”. That loader does have its limits, so look closely at the weights of anything you consider. Whichever you choose, make sure you ballast the rear appropriately.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #18  
Last edited:
   / Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple
Thanks for the options. EA looks promising if I can deal with a 3 month lead time. I'll check out some of the others. Ballast is 900 pounds with the backhoe.

/ Opinions on Quick Attach mini industrial grapple #20  
Anything carrying a backhoe is exempt from further counterweighting discussions. 😂 (y)