Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Just about fed up with the turfs for any off-grass work... especially with the loader. The sidewalks are too soft, and I notice the tread and sidewalks are easily susceptible to nicks and scratches. So, I ordered a set of R14’s for the BX.

Looks like I’m the pilot here, so I’ll post after they come in. They add 200# load capacity to the front end over the turfs, which is still more than the front axle is rated, and each front tire takes 10# more air, which should help with the loader.

After pricing a B2601, and finding trade values in the toilet, I figure I’ll burn a few 100 more hours on the BX and then consider a new B after we decide if we are moving to more acreage.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #2  
PICS!!!!

Please post some pics once you get them installed. I'd like to see a BX on R14's.
I have R14's on my B2601 and they'll be on my L2501 too. Great tire!

Mike

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX
PICS!!!!

Please post some pics once you get them installed. I'd like to see a BX on R14's.
I have R14's on my B2601 and they'll be on my L2501 too. Great tire!

Mike

Oh, I’ll have pictures. I promise. I think they’ll fit the bill for my use.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #4  
So did you have to order another set of rims specifically for the R14s? Just wondering. My BX2230 has turfs and have been happy with them. Especially the traction they have in snow country. Jon

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #5  
Just came back from our local Kioti dealer. Was checking out the new CK3510SE models. Was very surprised to see R14s mounted on those models.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #6  
Just about fed up with the turfs for any off-grass work... especially with the loader. The sidewalks are too soft, and I notice the tread and sidewalks are easily susceptible to nicks and scratches. So, I ordered a set of R14’s for the BX.

Looks like I’m the pilot here, so I’ll post after they come in. They add 200# load capacity to the front end over the turfs, which is still more than the front axle is rated, and each front tire takes 10# more air, which should help with the loader.

After pricing a B2601, and finding trade values in the toilet, I figure I’ll burn a few 100 more hours on the BX and then consider a new B after we decide if we are moving to more acreage.
Was unaware that R14T tires were yet available in BX sizes.

SDT

So did you have to order another set of rims specifically for the R14s? Just wondering. My BX2230 has turfs and have been happy with them. Especially the traction they have in snow country. Jon

I ordered the set with rims. I’ll try them out. If satisfied. I’ll sell the turfs. Or, change them out seasonally.

Was unaware that R14T tires were yet available in BX sizes.

SDT

If you go to Build n Price on Kubota’s website, and select a packaged BX, they don’t come up. If you build your own tractor and select options individually, you can select R14’s.

Only took one week, and they are in. Picked them up this afternoon. Hope to switch them out this weekend.