over deliver, beyond expectation

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
We over deliver, exceed expectations etc. Anyone else tired of hearing this type of empty rhetoric?
Everywhere I turn product is made cheaper and service is poorer yet I hear more and more advertising touting we exceed expectations, your satisfaction is our number 1 concern, we out perform and over deliver. I don't know which came first, the deterioration of quality in product and service or the incessant babbling that it is better than ever.
While I am at it I also noticed that the people who claim they work the hardest don't and the people who claim they take the best care of their children don't. People who do the right thing do not tell you about it. They are too busy doing it.
Just Sayin--anybody else notice this?

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #2  
Customer service is as dead as a Dinosaur.

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #4  
Isn't it amazing the total lack of competency of the personnel at the local big box stores.
Around here, the big box emporiums have wiped out the local hardware folks.

/ over deliver, beyond expectation
John
Nice choice of tractor. How do you like it?

/ over deliver, beyond expectation
Steppenwolfe thanks its nice to be appreciated :cool2:

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #8  
John
Nice choice of tractor. How do you like it?

The NH TC45 D has been a GREAT tractor. This trctor has the "super steer option" and yes, the tractor will turn on a dime however, close work with the FEL or pallet forks can be frustrating as the loader arms tend to shift slightly in the opposite direction of the turning radius.

That being stated, I purchased th ttracor around 12 years ago and I suspect it will be round for a long time. With a shed full of attachments it is truly the "Swiss Army Knife" of labor saving devices.

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #9  
All customers want "faster, cheaper, better" and that has to get balanced in some way. We get what we really want (with dollars as votes) and not what we say we want. I think a lot of companies have done amazing jobs over the last few years of giving more value and service, but we've all seen other businesses fail because people won't spend the extra dollar for that service. I see a lot of places that give excellent service, from my John Deere dealer to Amazon. I don't necessarily expect it at Lowes or Walmart because that's not their business plan.

/ over deliver, beyond expectation #10  
Oh yeah,

I have been saying that for a long time. Many products are junk now, especially tools and power equipment. American-made stuff is not holding up well at all as far as I'm concerned.

Also, lots of employees are disgruntled. I worked for a large company (22,000 employees, $63B) that changed the pension system, took away most sick leave. My boss drove a high end company car, belonged to an expensive club-- you could not find him when you needed anything.