Oversized cylinders on my ck2510

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510 #11  
Great post thanks! So to sum up the bigger cylinder takes twice as much time to move but that allows it to apply twice as much force assuming the remainder of the hydraulic system remaining the same.
So theoretically if one were still interested in playing the game you'd look for a cylinder that say had a 10 or 20% increase, which would still give a bit of a boost understanding that you're going to be operating likely close to the max and no longer having much safety headroom as you would in compared to stock. (There in being the million dollar question - how much extra capacity is there till things start breaking - axle, loader etc.)
And agreed the biggest danger is not lifting a skid with a known load but pushing into the dirt and then lifting with unknown forces pushing against the loader.

E.

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510 #12  
Kioti didn’t use 2.5” cylinders for a reason. You might get by with a little bit of lift increase but it’s a pretty safe bet the tractor wasn’t designed for that margin of overload. Have fun fixing the front axel or busted FEL. If you wanted a forklift you could have bought one for less than it’s going to cost you when you break the tractor.

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510 #13  
With regards to flow and pressure, pressure can also be limited by motor, in other words if lucky, motor stalls prior to failure. In this case with big hydraulic cyls 2500 psi is plenty of pressure to destroy the tractor. And if you didn’t increase relief valve you’ll not exceed 2500 psi. Regardless. In summary you’ve created a ticking time-bomb and if lucky machine will fail without anyone getting hurt. Machines need to be used for their intended purpose and are designed as they are for a reason.

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510
so excuse me for not addressing every comment
I have had these cylinders for months now and yes the next size up FEL would have been nice but not practical cost wise

yes I am aware of the added strains and mentioned them originally trying to circumvent the
'you overloaded your tractor" comments

end of the day the tractor is now a keeper before I was going to have to get rid of it because it could not do a job I only need it to do once every few months ,, thats unload some fixtures from a semi truck ,, 30 minutes tops

yes the operations are slower now but this does not leave me with time to ponder my next dangerous mod it is just a tad slower and sometimes that's a good thing

would I do it again .. yes ,, would I recommend others do it = no

will I break somthing ? not likley .. if I sell it will I return to stock ? maybe I have all the parts but I will inform the new owner whats been done

and now for my next mod , it is an electric mixer on my FEL because I don't like the PTO mixers

p.jpeg

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510
no one here has told me anything I did not already take into consideration , I will post back if I break something, so naysayers please hold your breath ;-)

Last edited:
   / Oversized cylinders on my ck2510 #16  
An alternative might have been to sell it and go bigger. Still might be. Used tractors are selling like hotcakes and for crazy high money

/ Oversized cylinders on my ck2510 #18  
I have a little experience with oversized loader cylinders. In 2012 my boss got a killer deal on a l3540 with 400 hours. once i started using it i realized the bucket wasnt sitting straight. after a bit of inspecting i noticed that the right side cast steel mount had been snapped an poorly repaired. I also noticed that the curl cylinder mounts had been bent. and last, i noticed that the curl cylinders had been replaced with bigger cylinders causing the previous 2 problems. I went through and recut and welded the mount. later, the curl cylinder mount tore while i was on a job site and several years later the mount on the other side snapped.

There is a very big risk to larger cylinders than the loader was designed for. loaders are carefully engineered to not be any heavier than they need to be because excess weight on the front of a tractor is bad in several ways if you dont specifically need it. The tolerances just arent there to handle bigger cylinders.
20150825_153929.jpg