Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I just received a warning of excessive - record setting - heat for all of the PNW. Check your local forecast and be prepared. It is expected to begin this coming weekend and last thru the middle of the coming week.

Last edited:
   / Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #2  
OKaaaay...?
So what kind of heat/temperature are we talking here, Mate?

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
The word is - 105F to 110F.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #5  
I just received a warning of excessive - record setting - heat for all of the PNW. Check your local forecast and be prepared. It is expected to begin this coming weekend and last thru the middle of the coming week.
Water up and watch your elderly neighbors.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #6  
I’m in SW Oregon, NOAA weather is predicting 110 on Saturday. Holy cow, it’s only June! We are very worried about the forest fire situation. It’s been a very dry spring, and there are still spot fires flaring up from last years fires.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #7  
It’s been a very dry spring, and there are still spot fires flaring up from last years fires.
I'm not quite sure what to make of that statement. o_O

They were never put out?

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #9  
Fires can go underground in the proper soil conditions ( muskeg or such like ) and keep smouldering for years.
Yep. We've got peat areas that have done that in drought years. Fire starts here, seems to be out, pops up a couple weeks later 1/4 mile away. Fortunately, we're not that dry yet. And it looks like we'll be getting rain for the next 5-6 days.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #10  
Yeah, this is some BS! I'm ready to move north. Ya'll in the South can have the heat. I like cool and cold! 🥶