Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
We've made it another day. The outside temps are coming down and it's not so hot in the house. Another couple hours and I'll turn on the fans. Topped out at 92( outside ) this afternoon.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #372  
supposed to be 99 here in a few days. was 93 today...and humid. sucks. were not used to this kind of temps.

Our high is predicted for this coming Sat - 101. No - I can double down on that. We sure are not used to this kind of weather.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #374  
My basement is completely unfinished. Basaltic lava floor and one light bulb. More like a dungeon than a basement. No windows and only small screened vents in the concrete walls. Definitely a storage area - not much of a living area.

However - it's always cool. You are correct. Snuggling is here on the main floor. Not so much down in the basement.

AH - temps have dropped enough. I just turned the big fans on. A dull roar for the rest of the night. But it DOES cool down the house.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #376  
Oh, mine is a finished basement. 2 bedrooms, bath and large craftroom for wife and home theatre for me.

makes retiring to basement not a bad thing.

just try to stay comfortable.......ill probibly take my dog to the lake later today.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #377  
Yesterday I was out showing the Palouse to my sister who is visiting from Tennessee. Went up Steptoe Butte but you could only see 20 or so miles due to the smoke. Saw a several of fields of Garbs and lintels that have been considered a total loss and sprayed with Roundup.

Morning Cougsfan - this heat/smoke makes for a sad situation. Brownie & I have been mostly hunkered down. Got a high overcast this morning. Keeping the temps down to 77, right now.

And it actually sprinkled for about 30 minutes. Nothing measurable but it cleaned the air and dropped the temps.

I'll just bet a whole lot of fields of garbs & lentils have withered on the vine. This hot/dry weather is really playing havoc with anything green. Except the weeds in my yard. The grass is either tan or has turned to dust. The weeds - not yet.

Obviously - they have not started the rework on the road to the top of Steptoe Butte. The web site said mid-June. Maybe this hot weather has delayed their project.

Last edited:
   / Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #379  
Our heat wave in hte NW is not over, predicted to be triple digits again by the weekend. Harvest is well underway but still no reports of yield or quality.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #380  
We woke up to drizzle this morning....will get to low 70's later today. Yesterday.....we were on the bay crabbing......blue skies...high 60's.......we might push 80 this weekend. Southwest Wash.