Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
It's a cool morning - 59F. The air is translucent and full of "crap". It doesn't smell smoky and doesn't burn my eyes. I was able to cool the house last night with the fans. The entire eastern sky is pastel orange as sunrise approaches.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #463  
Thats what they said for last year. They were totally wrong

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
One can only hope. This morning is a repeat of yesterday morning. The only good thing - all this "crap" in the air is keeping the temps down somewhat.

So far, the predicted daily highs have been spot for here.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #465  
True, we have light smoke here and it's not been as hot. I drove into work yesterday, as the sun started to rise above Mt Rainier, bright orange colored ball.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #466  
True, we have light smoke here and it's not been as hot. I drove into work yesterday, as the sun started to rise above Mt Rainier, bright orange colored ball.
That's how the sun looked this morning here . . .

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #468  
One can only hope. This morning is a repeat of yesterday morning. The only good thing - all this "crap" in the air is keeping the temps down somewhat.

So far, the predicted daily highs have been spot for here.
Bad smoke, sun just a big red ball. Temps headed to high 90s. I was tired sitting around the house doing nothing the past 3 days so went out to cut wood...actually to clean up deadfall in a new willow bush about a 1/4 mile long. 3 hours and I had cleared a 10' radius around a huge brushpile. working conditions not bad as thesmoke kept the heat down and I was mostly in the shade anyhow. I was surprised I made 3 hours. At 86 my normal work day anymore is a 2 or a bit more hours. Still cool in the house now at noon with the furnace fan running.88 degrees and climbing a degee or more an hour.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #469  
Bad smoke, sun just a big red ball. Temps headed to high 90s. I was tired sitting around the house doing nothing the past 3 days so went out to cut wood...actually to clean up deadfall in a new willow bush about a 1/4 mile long. 3 hours and I had cleared a 10' radius around a huge brushpile. working conditions not bad as thesmoke kept the heat down and I was mostly in the shade anyhow. I was surprised I made 3 hours. At 86 my normal work day anymore is a 2 or a bit more hours. Still cool in the house now at noon with the furnace fan running.88 degrees and climbing a degee or more an hour.
I've found those n95 mask help a bit with the smoke. Not much good for the heat though.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #470  
The smoke does not bother me much, but I sure hope appreciable rain comes some day. Monday forecast says 0.08". I can sneeze that much.