Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #151  
The kid picked the wrong place to start a fire. Probably no worse place than just outside Portland. Lots of tree huggers.

I feel sorry for the kid. He needs punished, to what extent I don’t know.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #152  
The kid picked the wrong place to start a fire. Probably no worse place than just outside Portland. Lots of tree huggers.

I feel sorry for the kid. He needs punished, to what extent I don’t know.

I think they go to bed hugging a tree. . .:rolleyes:

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #154  
Well hopefully what’s left will be salvaged, and not left to rot.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #156  
Judge orders Vancouver teen in Gorge fire to pay full $36M | The Columbian

A judge has ordered a 15-year-old Vancouver teen to pay more than $36 million in restitution in damages caused by the 2017 Eagle Creek fire.

According to the Oregonian, Hood River County Circuit Judge John A. Olson wrote in an opinion released Monday that the court awards restitution totaling $36,618,330.24 on behalf of victims including the U.S. Forest Service and Oregon Department of Transportation. Olson also authorized juvenile authorities to set up a payment schedule.

At a hearing Thursday, the lawyer for the 15-year-old defendant urged the judge to impose a "reasonable and rational" amount of restitution. The attorney, Jack Morris, said ordering a boy who is indigent to pay $37 million is "absurd."

This kid is a jerk and should be assigned to fight forest fires for 5 to 10 years. The amount is a joke.........

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #157  
This kid is a jerk and should be assigned to fight forest fires for 5 to 10 years. The amount is a joke.........

Ya, like this kid is going to pay over 36 million in restitution + interest. . .:laughing:

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #159  
Well hopefully what’s left will be salvaged, and not left to rot.

Last I heard that's what they were doing with the burned areas.

Anyway, to get this thread back on topic a bit..

Overhead on the local repeater that they're planning on a season that at least as bad if not worse than last year. Let's hope it doesn't come to that but glad to know that they're ready if it happens.