Pancreatic Cancer

plowhog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey GC1710, Massey 1758 cab model
I think at this point dealing with the immediate problem of her nausea from the chemo will be a challenge.
Keeping weight on during chemo will be a challenge. The nausea depresses the appetite, and when you have dramatic weight loss quickly it causes other problems. I agree you should focus on how best to deal with the nausea-- the docs can worry about the bigger issues of course. You might ask about a anti-nausea Rx.

Even the smell of food preparation can become objectionable. Before I was on chemo, I had almost no sense of smell. But once chemo started, I could smell my wife cooking dinner even though I was a long ways down the hall in the master bedroom. It was sickening. I put towels under the door to keep the smell out. Then tried to eat quickly once the food arrived. Chemo is a rough road for many. I will keep you and her in my prayers.

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Keeping weight on during chemo will be a challenge. The nausea depresses the appetite, and when you have dramatic weight loss quickly it causes other problems. I agree you should focus on how best to deal with the nausea-- the docs can worry about the bigger issues of course. You might ask about a anti-nausea Rx.

Even the smell of food preparation can become objectionable. Before I was on chemo, I had almost no sense of smell. But once chemo started, I could smell my wife cooking dinner even though I was a long ways down the hall in the master bedroom. It was sickening. I put towels under the door to keep the smell out. Then tried to eat quickly once the food arrived. Chemo is a rough road for many. I will keep you and her in my prayers.
Good friend of mine went thru similar problems. He couldn't stand the taste of silverware in his mouth. Had to use plastic.

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
This is a tough situation. I've lost several friends and family members to pancreatic cancer and it was very difficult. However, there is reason for hope. Several other friends are recent survivors. The new therapies seem to have much better results. I know a researcher in this area. By doing chemo to reduce the tumor and then surgery, they are seeing better outcomes. The chemo is difficult, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.