Pants with tough knees?

/ Pants with tough knees? #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
I blow through the knees on jeans in no time. I'd like to find a pair of work pants that have a leather or other durable material reinforcing the knees. I know that Carhartt sells pants with double knees, but for the extra cost over single knee pants, I don't see that as a good alternative. I wear strap on knee pads occasionally, but they are not convenient nor comfortable.

Anyone have a good source for pants with tough knees?

/ Pants with tough knees? #2  
When I was a child one brand of jeans came with a very tough knee. I think the brand name was Billy the Kid. Only one time did I wear a hole in the knee of those jeans and if memory seres, the company gave me a new pair free.

/ Pants with tough knees? #3  
I just buy the cheap under $15 jeans at either walmart or sams club and run with those. When the knees wear thin they become "chore jeans", then when they blow completely out, I toss them. I've looked at the high dollar carhart jeans, and even looked at the duluth "fire hose" work pants... Yeah, right. I 'aint payin' that.

/ Pants with tough knees? #4  
Check out the Wrangler men's Riggs Workwear Ranger or Utility jeans.

They seem to last about as good as any and have a double thick and reinforced knee. cost about what Levi 501 or 550 jeans do.

/ Pants with tough knees? #5  
Double knee jeans are hearty and strong, they often add some padded protection for kneeling on surfaces that otherwise might cause some kneecap pain.
In the PNW, loggers wear the heck out of them because of the abuse they and their clothing take.
I've got a couple pair of Key doubles with suspender buttons which is pretty much the uniform for loggers and farmers here.

Pedee Jeans in Pedee Oregon makes jeans from scratch in their home. Double knee, single knee. all USA period.
The only drawback of double knee jeans is the longer drying time in the clothes dryer.
Sidebar. Double knee jeans were a long time ago thought to be a good shield from chain saw accidents.
Today, they Aint no substitute for logging chaps, and the law requires timber cutters to wear them on the job.

/ Pants with tough knees? #6  
I wear double front Key and Carhartt with the pads a lot. Keeps my knees healthy and worth it. You can reuse the pads from pair to pair if you wear them out.

/ Pants with tough knees? #7  
U can go to the "linen store" & buy big square iron-on patches..
Just iron them on the knee area.. & if "fashion" is a factor.. iron them on the inside..

/ Pants with tough knees? #9  
Just once, kneeling down on a chunk of basaltic lava rock, convinced me. "Look first" and wear Carhart or Duluth Fire Hose. My pants tend to get wet, down on the cuffs. This will drag my jeans down to my ankles. I wear suspenders now. Keeps everything "up" and on my pear-shape.

/ Pants with tough knees? #10  
Just once, kneeling down on a chunk of basaltic lava rock, convinced me. "Look first" and wear Carhart or Duluth Fire Hose. My pants tend to get wet, down on the cuffs. This will drag my jeans down to my ankles. I wear suspenders now. Keeps everything "up" and on my pear-shape.

I really should wear suspenders too, but guess I am just too vain.
I just don't want to look like the old guy..... that I AM!