PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #1  

presta24

Tractor
1948 8N, 2021 CK2610
MOD's please move if not the right forum

I have a PATS quick hitch. For some reason the hitch pins keep coming unclasped and I lose the pin, and the washer meant to protect the pin. Not sure why. IIFC, this has only happened when running my king cutter 5' tiller. This has happened 2 or 3x now. Has any one else seen this issue? Should I be using a different style pin? I am currently using the below..

Screenshot 2023-05-14 102946.png

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #2  
TSC sells the heavy duty pins with a chain on them.

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #3  
Try flipping the loop over on the other side of the pin.

Last edited:
   / PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #4  
Working from memory it seems there is hole on the bent over part of the washer. Are running the pin Ithrough the hole in the washer where it's bent over?

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #5  
Flat side of pin towards implement. Use a big FLAT washer between pin and implement.
Don’t mount the pats tight to the lift arms with the adjustment screws. This eliminates the side to side swivel of the balls in the tractor’s lift arms. Without that side to side swivel, the implement’s pins are trying to swivel in the Pat’s “fingers” (yokes?).
I’ve found no reason to keep them tight after bending multiple adjustment bolts and popping clip pins. Haven’t bent one since…knock on wood.

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #6  
I tie wire lift arm pins and washers when ever I leave the yard. Stationary work like chipping and shredding, not so much

/ PATS Quick connect- Hitch pins keep falling out #7  
I second on the heavy duty black lynch pins from TSC.

I used to lose those cheapy goldish ones, especially with my flail mower with the bumps.

Yet to have lost a TSC lynch pin.