perkins ad3 152 flywhell

/ perkins ad3 152 flywhell #11  
I would certainly figure a method to tighten the fit. It could be what contributed to the broken crank.

/ perkins ad3 152 flywhell
We tried to deepen the flywheel on the lathe, but no matter how we tried to catch it, there was a big runout:(

Crank in this model broke wery often, its popular enigne in my country (Poland) Perkins engines used to be produced in Poland under license. They were very popular as well as the fact that the shafts liked to break, just at the back on the crank like mine.
It seems to me that if the flywheel was the cause, the shaft should break at the beginning at the flywheel, not at the end?

/ perkins ad3 152 flywhell #13  
Hard to say, but with that play, I would think it would throw it out of balance. In any case, there shouldn't be any play between the two. Are the bolts bottoming out before they can tighten the flywheel to the crank?

/ perkins ad3 152 flywhell #14  
Far as dowel pins go, you can buy them in all sizes (metric and SAE) from MSC or McMaster Carr online.

Are the bolts bottoming out before they can tighten the flywheel to the crank?
I do not understand what you mean.
IMG20230309191925.jpg

I losen the screws and set one more time, now runout is about 0.11mm

radial play 0.11mm,
axial play 0.03mm recently I measured it wrong, I read that when measuring the axial play, I should press the shaft, through the clearance on the thrust bearings..

Attachments

• IMG20230309193950.jpg
    IMG20230309193950.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
   / perkins ad3 152 flywhell #16  
Basically, are the bolts too long and going all the way to the bottom of the hole, stopping before tightening the flywheel

Basically, are the bolts too long and going all the way to the bottom of the hole, stopping before tightening the flywheel

the screws have the correct length, i can screw them all

/ perkins ad3 152 flywhell #18  
the screws have the correct length, i can screw them all
Screw them all.....? But are they tightening the flywheel against the crank. It doesn't look like it