BX25D
testing
IMG_0094.jpg

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
Re: Photo Posting How I Do IT, to get large pictures in the Post

I am using Windows 8.1, with the pictures stored in "My Documents"/"My Pictures". I created a folder "4 TBN", that I copy pictures into that I want to post.

Double click "Reply With Quote" or "Reply to Thread", This puts you in the advanced mode and opens a form to type in.

View attachment 401215
Type the message and put the cursor where you want the picture to be, then at the top there are three rows of icons, Insert Image is in the middle row, sixth icon from the right, (the picture frame with a tree). Click "Insert Image", click "From Computer" (if not highlighted), click "Choose Files", find the folder with your pictures, select the ones you want, click "Open", click "Upload Files".

After the pictures appear, double click on the picture and select the size that you want and click "Ok".

View attachment 401218

Click "Preview Post" at the lower right to see if you need to make any changes, then click "Submit Reply".

There are other procedures for pictures stored on the internet, but I don't do that.

I can get the pic into the message ok but I don't know how to resize it once it is there. How do I do that on this iPad?

image.jpg

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader

I can get the pic into the message ok but I don't know how to resize it once it is there. How do I do that on this iPad?

View attachment 419150

No experience with iPad.

Does double tap on the picture work?

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H

No, I tried that.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H

I guess I'll have to go to the big computer (windows) if I want to post a bigger pic! Unless somebody chimes in on how to do it with an iPad (I always do TBN on the iPad) :confused3:

farm boy00

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere M&MT, Case 1030 comfort king, Sears ST16, Craftsmen 6000, homemade articulation mini-loader
I guess I'll have to go to the big computer (windows) if I want to post a bigger pic! Unless somebody chimes in on how to do it with an iPad (I always do TBN on the iPad) :confused3:

Get the TBN app

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower

I know this is old and my android method may not help.

On my android stuff I scroll to the bottom of the page and touch the full site link. It then displays just as it would on a computer. The image icon interface doesn't work from there but touching the advanced link and using the upload option below the reply window does.

Wa11banger

Gold Member
Tractor
Foton FT404 w/Koyker 160 FEL and a Dig-It Towable Backhoe
Old post and thank you all for the read... But is photobucket the only source for external pics.. I am trying to use onedrive and the links on my posts in projects for my homestead thread are appearing broken

joefromga

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST Cab
Tapatalk is the phone/tablet app and adds photos from its own server. You Don't have to do anything extra. Just attach it to your post and send your message.

Wa11banger

Gold Member
Tractor
Thanks for the info Joe.. Unfortunately there is no possible way to store what I have on my phone and I generally use a computer to do my TBN's reading and posts. But I have literally 100's of pics already in the cloud on Onedrive. I am thinking its not compatible with this site and I cant share the pics from there, here.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Thanks for the info Joe.. Unfortunately there is no possible way to store what I have on my phone and I generally use a computer to do my TBN's reading and posts. But I have literally 100's of pics already in the cloud on Onedrive. I am thinking its not compatible with this site and I cant share the pics from there, here.

My pictures are on Onedrive, I will try to post one from there, using my computer:

5610 3 Point.jpg

Seems to have worked. :thumbsup:

This is the path:

od.JPG

test.JPG

Did you read post #98, above? http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/photos/107314-photo-posting-how-post3967120.html#post3967120

Wa11banger

Gold Member
Tractor
I did but I think I figured out how you are doing it and the main difference between how I was doing it. You used the app on your desktop vs. me using the URL provided straight from the onedrive web site. I will try again later and post the results.. Thank you for your help and showing me the screen shots

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Xfaxman, Is that Onedrive app available and or work on for Window 7, hate to mess up my laptop. Or do I need that at all to post a picture directly from my laptop to TBN? If not do you know where that path is?

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Xfaxman, Is that Onedrive app available and or work on for Window 7, hate to mess up my laptop. Or do I need that at all to post a picture directly from my laptop to TBN?

If not do you know where that path is?
No, you don't need OneDrive. Just put the cursor where you want the picture to be in the post, then click the picture frame icon where I drew the arrow in the snip below:
pf.JPG

That brings up this, then click "Choose Files":
ii.JPG

Use this line to show the path to your pictures.

file.JPG

Read post #98 again, you can figure it out: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/photos/107314-photo-posting-how-post3967120.html#post3967120

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Photobucket Sucks
It used to be great but lately my pics won't show up and they keep pestering me trying to be Ad free for 99c a month. Any other good hosts out there? Image Shack went greedy and wanted money too so i dropped them.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
For TBN it is best not to use an offsite photo hosting site.

Just upload directly from your computer.

I don't know about smart phones, except the pictures are much bigger than necessary. :thumbdown:

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X
For TBN it is best not to use an offsite photo hosting site.

Just upload directly from your computer.

I don't know about smart phones, except the pictures are much bigger than necessary. :thumbdown:

Both points can not be emphasized enough! And repeating them is needed.

I have uploaded more than 1000 different pix to TBN, and they are all still there. Some of them for more
than 10 years.

I always edit them down to about 1000 x 800 pixels (H x V) to fit most computer screens. That means about
100-200 KB.

Any "free" posting site can delete photos at any time. My website at Verizon.com (my landline/internet company)
did not charge extra for web space. They suddenly deleted my home page with no warning.

PRCWI

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 770, Oliver 550, Bobcat 753, Gravely Atlas JSV 3000

I can change the size of your picture, that is Medium above and Full Size below.

View attachment 419157

How did you change the size of the picture? I am trying but I couldn't figure out how?

PRCWI

Silver Member
Tractor
Did you read the other thread? Click this link: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/photos/107314-photo-posting-how-post3967120.html#post3967120

Once you get the picture in your post, double click it and select the size. Remember "Large" only works with small 555 pixel wide pictures.

I did but mine are attachments (only option when uploading from a phone) not "images". When I go to insert an image from my phone it uploads them to TBN and then puts them in the post as an attachment and that displays as a thumbnail. Not a huge deal if it's a thumbnail except then people have to click to be able to see the picture in any detail.

Here is one
IMG_4185.JPG

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
You didn't say you were using a phone. Are you using the TBN App?

Here it is "Full Size":

IMG_4185.JPG

PRCWI

Silver Member
Tractor
You didn't say you were using a phone. Are you using the TBN App?

Here it is "Full Size":

View attachment 514918

Sorry about that, I had a different reply typed up originally saying I was posting from my phone via the TBN app and then when I saw your post about resizing the picture I quoted that and didn't post the other one.

When quoting your post I don't see anything different you did to make the picture display larger? Is there some setting I am missing?

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
No problem.

Since it was displayed thumnail size, there should be a way to select the other sizes on the TBN app.

That old flail mower sure does a good job on the hood high grass in your picture. :thumbsup:

PRCWI

Silver Member
Tractor
No problem.

Since it was displayed thumnail size, there should be a way to select the other sizes on the TBN app.

That old flail mower sure does a good job on the hood high grass in your picture. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll play with it, I was trying to figure out how to edit it from my PC afterwards, couldn't figure that out either. :confused:

Yes that old beast has served me well. It was pretty beat up when I got it and I haven't been easy on it but it chews up the grass pretty darn good. :)

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Thanks, I'll play with it, I was trying to figure out how to edit it from my PC afterwards, couldn't figure that out either.

To edit from a PC, open it in a new tab by holding down the control key and clicking the picture, or right clicking it and select "open image in a new tab".

Then right click the picture and click " save image as...",

Then you can resize if needed or post it as described before.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
It shows right side up when displayed in a new tab:

2017-08-25 12.02.45.jpg

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
For myself and many other rural types PLEASE keep the files small as many simply don't have hi speed.
Our phone provider only provides dial up service and we have to resort to a private system but even that is limited and extra slow on week ends. (Too many downloading hi def films)

PhysAssist

Elite Member
Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it..
Tractor
Kubota B2320
For myself and many other rural types PLEASE keep the files small as many simply don't have hi speed.
Our phone provider only provides dial up service and we have to resort to a private system but even that is limited and extra slow on week ends. (Too many downloading hi def films)

That's also the reason to strip the pictures when you click reply with quote.

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D

PILOON, you're right. We don't have much wireless coverage in the rural US either. Thanks for the reminder.
rScotty

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
All I know is I like the picture in post 121, I can click on it and see the grasshoppers, it's like the pictures I post. The 131 post at top of page it's already at designated size so it cant be clicked on so I can see the scratches on the tractor, bummer, I like to see the scratches and this that and the other thing.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
All I know is I like the picture in post 121, I can click on it and see the grasshoppers, it's like the pictures I post. The 131 post at top of page it's already at designated size so it cant be clicked on so I can see the scratches on the tractor, bummer, I like to see the scratches and this that and the other thing.

Sorry that I missed this, but will respond now for future info seekers. If nothing happens when clicked, you can right click the picture, then click "Open image in new tab". There you can zoom in more if needed.

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Sorry that I missed this, but will respond now for future info seekers. If nothing happens when clicked, you can right click the picture, then click "Open image in new tab". There you can zoom in more if needed.

Sorry I forgot about this thread, yup the right click works-ish, I still prefer thumbnail pictures though........Oh and for me zooming is always needed.

Last edited:

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
KISS -- keep it simple ....

I appreciate all that effort by Grrrr in the early 1/3 or so of this ridiculously long 138 post thread. My comment is that the advice posted by Grrr and most others is just WAY too complex. No need for all that.

1) Go to the icon in your Quick Reply Header in any thread and click on the square one that is called "Insert Image."
2) That brings up a small dialog window that has 2 tabs at the top -- one saying "from computer" and one saying "from URL." Click on "from computer."
3) Then click on "choose file" and find the picture in your pc and double click on it. Finding the picture will mean wading around in the pc to where you have it stored USING THE MECHANISM THAT IS OFFERED TO YOU UNDER CHOOSE FILES. I strongly recommend going and finding the picture you wish to post externally as a side activity before you get into this posting process. That way you know what file name you intend to post, where it is, etc.
4) Finally, after choosing the file, click on "upload File" right below the "Choose files."

I did that twice in order to insert the two images below into this post. Both are between 3 and 4 MB each. Typical of modern digital cameras or cellphones.

You do NOT need to worry about resizing, using Photoshop or some other manipulation software, nor using any of the myriad many places on the web or in specialty places where photos might be stored such as Photobucket, Flickr, Shutterfly or any of that. I am using a PC running Windows 7 and nothing fancy in any respect. The files are automatically resized to fit the TBN mechanisms or if there is an unlikely problem -- it will tell you so.

I do not see how it can get any simpler than this. Works every time. Inserts a medium postage stamp sized thumbnail in the post and a reader can click on that thumbnail to get the full-size rendering on his screen.

For anyone using a dial-up internet service I gingerly choose my words, but -- I do not see how you can use your PC in general or TBN in particular. That is a severe handicap at best.
Suggest getting advice from your local PC assistance source.

Note: when doing as I suggested above, you will only see the text version of reference to an attachment in brackets [ ] for the picture. To see what it will look like in the actual post use "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the screen which will automatically invoke the "preview post." After that you can refine your tentative post, add or subtract whatever you wish and then hit "submit reply" which I just did and now you see it.

Good luck.

P1160607.JPG

P1220580.JPG

Oldpath05

Tractor
none

While this is on my mine/mind and since you seem to have more of a higher tech in-tell than me, maybe you can show tell or explain how to post pictures when I private message someone? A few weeks ago I wanted to send pictures by TBN private message and it's different then it is here, I click on the same icon but the (choose files) option is not there instead I only see this in this first picture............ The 2nd picture is the only way I know and use but that option is not in the private message, remember if you esplain this to me, type slow.

IMG-2283.JPG IMG-2284.JPG

PS I know sometimes people dont notice a post, so no need to apologize, if in 2 months you still haven't noticed this post I'll (private message) you, just with no pictures.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
PS I know sometimes people dont notice a post, so no need to apologize, if in 2 months you still haven't noticed this post I'll (private message) you, just with no pictures.
:laughing: Now you can send pictures after reading this :D.

You can't send pictures stored in your computer. Your first picture is the only way in a PM. It is used with offsite photo sites, so I have never used it.

But I had an idea, just tried it and it works. If the picture is posted anywhere online, you can open the picture in a new tab, copy the URL and paste it in the box and click OK:

no click.PNG

I just sent you a PM with your chainsaw pictures from the thread you started in the chainsaw forum.

Last edited:

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
:laughing: Now you can send pictures after reading this :D.

You can't send pictures stored in your computer. Your first picture is the only way in a PM. It is used with offsite photo sites, so I have never used it.

But I had an idea, just tried it and it works. If the picture is posted anywhere online, you can open the picture in a new tab, copy the URL and paste it in the box and click OK:

View attachment 598715

I just sent you a PM with your chainsaw pictures.

"If the picture is posted anywhere online"<<<<<<<<<<<That almost sound like I have to put my pictures on Imgur and or I hate PB first before I can PM you, THAT SUCKS. I like posting from my laptop downloads. See this is why my lunch time ringtone on my phone is this>>>>>>>>>>>> Everly Brothers - Problems (1958) [Long Version, High Quality Sound, Subtitled] - YouTube

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
When I tried to post on that URL nothing happened, I clicked on the first Imgur option so I dont what to click on to post on the URL. The first two are from laptop, I like posting picture that way. Bet you cant guess where the last picture is from, well it is a lot easier than PB, that site is miserable.

IMG-2223.JPG

InkedIMG-2286_LI.jpg

d8URltLl.jpg

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
"If the picture is posted anywhere online"<<<<<<<<<<<That almost sound like I have to put my pictures on Imgur and or I hate PB first before I can PM you, THAT SUCKS. -------------

Anywhere online includes TractorByNet, or any other website. I don't use photo hosting websites, but they work also, as you demonstrated.

Here is a picture from a Ranger forum that I am on:

Well it didn't work here, got this message:

error.PNG

But it did work in a PM. :confused3:

Will try it with your last picture using the URL box after clicking the Picture Frame above:

d8URltLl.jpg

That worked with this URL: https://i.imgur.com/d8URltLl.jpg

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
When I tried to post on that URL nothing happened, I clicked on the first Imgur option so I dont what to click on to post on the URL. The first two are from laptop, I like posting picture that way. Bet you cant guess where the last picture is from, well it is a lot easier than PB, that site is miserable.

--------------------------------------------------

d8URltLl.jpg
Don't have to guess, the URL shows where it is from: https://i.imgur.com/d8URltLl.jpg

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Anywhere online includes TractorByNet, or any other website. I don't use photo hosting websites, but they work also, as you demonstrated.

Here is a picture from a Ranger forum that I am on:

Well it didn't work here, got this message:

View attachment 598870

But it did work in a PM. :confused3:

Will try it with your last picture using the URL box after clicking the Picture Frame above:

View attachment 598875

That worked with this URL: https://i.imgur.com/d8URltLl.jpg

This may sound funny to you but I was about 3 minutes trying to delete that error message off my screen, I even loaded up the page twice, trying to figure out how to get that off, then I read your post, HA HA................. :ashamed:
I'm gonna try a PM post and see if I can send a picture to you.

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Looks like I got it from my end, I C&P the one with the red circle on the PM>> URL. I Haven't tried from a TBN thread yet, might try that next.

InkedIMG-2286_LI.jpg

hYtcAzO.jpg

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
This may sound funny to you but I was about 3 minutes trying to delete that error message off my screen, I even loaded up the page twice, trying to figure out how to get that off, then I read your post, HA HA................. :ashamed:
:laughing:
I'm gonna try a PM post and see if I can send a picture to you.

Yep, the picture came through on the PM.

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
:laughing:

Yep, the picture came through on the PM.

C&P<<<I almost forgot what I meant by that, Copy&Paste, there maybe now I can remember it.

So ok then thanks for your tech help, I'll keep you in mine for future difficulty's.:thumbsup:

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X

I do not either, tho I have in the past. The danger is that if you do not pay for the hosting service, it can go away without any warning. Same with "free" web page hosting. My old ISP (Verizon) used to host my web page. Then they deleted it without any warning.

TBN has been the most reliable photo hosting service I have used, and I uploaded my first photos here over 15y ago.

How many pix have you uploaded to TBN, XFAXMAN?

Last edited: