Picked up a new tool box today

/ Picked up a new tool box today #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
Stopped in at Sears today and picked up a new tool box for $699.99. It's a 40" Premium Heavy Duty. The regular price is $1599, and I realize the prices go up and down quite a bit, but this price seemed very good. It's the top and bottom box pictured, just less the single drawer unit in the middle. I've been back and fourth between the HF red tool boxes and decided I liked this one. I've also looked at the used Snap On boxes on CL, and prices are way too high. The drawer slides are very smooth and have 10 or 12 ball bearings per slide, depending on the drawer. The box is double walled construction and appears to be better quality than their lesser boxes. I messed around with it quite a bit in the store before purchasing. image-182414177.jpg

Last edited:
   / Picked up a new tool box today #3  
That is a nice set-up, Did you get the liners too?

/ Picked up a new tool box today
That is a nice set-up, Did you get the liners too?

Not yet Murph, I paid for the box today, but I have to go back to pick it up. Too much stuff in the bed of my truck at the time. I'm gonna grab some liners though, whoever has them cheapest.

/ Picked up a new tool box today #5  
Not yet Murph, I paid for the box today, but I have to go back to pick it up. Too much stuff in the bed of my truck at the time. I'm gonna grab some liners though, whoever has them cheapest.

Don't go cheap on those go with quality. Then they will last.

Kinda bizarre, just the middle single drawer, which I didn't get is priced at $256, the top was only $239.99.

/ Picked up a new tool box today #7  
Kinda bizarre, just the middle single drawer, which I didn't get is priced at $256, the top was only $239.99.

That is bizarre, no wonder sears is going down. Is it made in the US.

That is bizarre, no wonder sears is going down. Is it made in the US.

Not sure, but where I was seriously considering the HF, if the Craftsman box happens to be an import, I won't be too bummed.

/ Picked up a new tool box today #9  
Not sure, but where I was seriously considering the HF, if the Craftsman box happens to be an import, I won't be too bummed.

As long as its built well who cares.